Digital Marketing Manager
Cape Town – Western Cape
An innovative Software Development House is in search of an experienced Digital Marketing Manager to join their team. This role is focused on overseeing the strategic promotion and positioning of the company, its ventures, and partner products. You will be instrumental in shaping and executing digital marketing strategies, leading the digital marketing team, and ensuring the effective execution of campaigns aimed at enhancing brand recognition, engagement, lead generation, and customer retention. The ideal candidate should possess strategic thinking abilities, a profound grasp of digital marketing trends, a penchant for data-driven decision-making, and a proven history of delivering quantifiable outcomes. A minimum of 5-8 years of experience in a relevant marketing position is preferred, with a strong emphasis on digital marketing.
Develop and manage marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Develop and manage digital marketing campaigns in line with the product’s strategic objective.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure integration with the full product and go-to-market life cycle.
- Identify relevant events and partnerships for the company.
Oversee social media, paid and SEO strategies.
- Oversee the development of organic and paid social media strategies across platforms, ensuring consistent brand messaging and engagement.
- Ensure SEO best practices are implemented and maintained on the websites and blog posts.
- Along with the Digital Marketing Coordinator, plan and execute paid advertising campaigns (PPC) across platforms like Google Ads, social media ads, and other relevant channels.
Copywriting and content management
- Maintain a strong brand voice and ensure content aligns with the company’s values, tone, and brand guidelines.
- Oversee content calendar management and ensure all content pillars are aligned with the strategic objective.
- Supervise the creation of high-quality and engaging content for various digital channels, including websites, social media, blogs, and newsletters.
- Conduct PR activities, including writing articles, arranging interviews, and organising events.
- Proofread and copy edit comms for both internal and external projects.
- Assist with UX copywriting from time-to-time.
Manage vendor relationships.
- Manage relationships with external vendors such as marketing agencies, suppliers, printers, and any other relevant party.
- Guide the Digital Marketing Coordinator, in identifying key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness of digital marketing campaigns.
- Monitor the outcomes of digital marketing campaigns in relation to established KPIs and financial allocations.
- Oversee the monthly and quarterly compilation and presentation of reports.
- Manage and mentor a team of digital marketing professionals, fostering their growth and performance. Provide guidance and direction.
- Conduct monthly check-ins to ensure the team remains engaged, motivated, and high performing.
- Ensure that roles and responsibilities are up to date as and when the business needs change.
- Participate in the recruitment process to ensure the attraction and retention of the best talent.
- 5 – 8 years in a relevant marketing role (digital marketing preferred)
- Team leadership experience
- Experience developing and implementing successful digital campaigns.
- Relevant degree in marketing
- Experience working for a tech or digital product company.
- Self-starter and able to work autonomously.
- Inspired creative.
- Collaborative team player.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Critical thinker and natural problem solver.
- Organised and able to work under pressure.
- Multi-skilled with varied experience in digital marketing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.