IT – Designer
Cape Town – Western Cape
An end-to-end eCommerce company based in Cape Town is searching for a talented and passionate Digital Designer to join their team and create beautiful ecommerce storefronts and other visually appealing websites. The Company needs a designer that can tweak their design style to meet the needs of each individual client whilst honoring their existing brand voice, style, and requirements. As the Digital Designer, you will also be involved in all stages of the design process including defining requirements, visualising, and creating graphics, designing layouts, and helping to shape the complete visual aspect of the clients’ digital marketing needs. The successful candidate will have a diploma or degree/NQF level 4 in graphic design, communication design, or similar and a portfolio of design work.
- Interpret design briefs and determine requirements as per best design practices.
- Responsible for creating designs that enhance the customer experience with a brand and facilitate an enjoyable experience across email and social media.
- Engage with more complex ideation and conceptualise visuals.
- Solve challenges with innovative designs.
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas.
- Developing marketing collateral and infographics for websites and other material to send to clients.
- Develop digital elements including illustrations, logos, social media campaigns and mailers.
- Use the appropriate colours and layouts for each graphic as per client and brand guidelines.
- Amend designs with client feedback.
- Collaborate with other departments and the rest of the design team to understand project needs and ensure output of the highest quality.
- Responsible for time tracking, reporting, and achieving targets, and deliverables on your projects.
- Assure quality across various graphics media.
- Schedule work in accordance with client and internal deadlines.
Communication and Liaison:
- Resolve and/or escalate issues.
- Engage in team training to further personal and departmental development.
- Communicate with stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Diploma or Degree/NQF level 4 in graphic design, communication design, or similar.
- Portfolio of Design work.
- 1-2 years’ experience in related fields, good design background in ecommerce or agency is advantageous.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge in Adobe XD, UI and UX is advantageous but not a requirement.
- Familiarity with relevant design software like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign.
- Keep abreast of market related trends to support company ability to be stay current.
- Use of weltpixel theme on XD.
- Use of project management software, such as ClickUp, advantageous.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Rigorous and methodical.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Creative with a keen eye for aesthetically pleasing designs.
- Relationship building.
- Performance and results driven.
- Service excellence.
- Prioritising and planning.
- Agile and resilient.
- Timekeeping and ability to follow structured processes.
- Professional communication skills (verbal and written).