Digital Copywriter (JHB)
Johannesburg – Gauteng
A leading Creative Agency on the African continent seeks a highly talented Digital Copywriter with 5+ years’ experience to join its Joburg team. The ideal candidate will be able to ideate and execute brave, innovative work. We’re looking for a motivated individual capable of generating new ideas and then implementing them; someone who gets passionate about what technology can do for creativity and who wants to improve their creative portfolio. Concept teams are most welcome to apply. You must love and understand big ideal, media agnostic, brand building thinking, technical aspects of writing for a digital first world, have proficiency in Keynote, Google Slides & PowerPoint and have a thorough understanding of digital platforms with a solid creative portfolio of projects worked on.
Work closely with the Creative Director in dissecting briefs and discussing creative routes and ideas. You’ll be expected to function well in a team and bring a spirit of collaboration with you when you walk through the door every morning.
- Monitor the conceptual evolution of each project.
- Ensure that the highest creative standards are met.
- Become a champion of the brands you work on.
- Prepare and present your own creative solutions as well as that of your teams
- Build presentations and arguments for your ideas in a clear and logical way.
- Write persuasive, original copy.
- Assist when needed in pitches and client presentations.
- Assist a team of Writers with guidance on tone and output.
- Assume a mentorship role to grow Junior Writers.
- Be a champion of language in all forms.
- Be your own proofreader.
- Must love and understand big idea, media agnostic, brand building thinking.
- Must love and understand the technical aspects of writing and thinking for a digital first world.
You’ll need to be adept in all relevant design software and practices; these are the proficiencies we’re looking for:
- Excellence in Keynote, Google Slides and PowerPoint.
- Proven copy skills.
- A love for presentation.
- A thorough understanding of digital platforms: Web & Microsites, Digital Media, Social Media, Tech Innovation.
- Positivity and Integrity.
- A solid creative portfolio with a variety of projects.
- Your awards list.