Digital BA (Contract) (CPT Hybrid)
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Cape Town – Western Cape
A highly analytical & deadline-driven BA with experience within the Digital space is sought by an innovative Financial Services Group to effectively manage the gathering and analysis of business requirements from users. You will be responsible for negotiating and agreeing business requirements with the project sponsors and communicating these to the Development and Testing teams, playing a key role in enabling the Project Office to effectively manage and deliver projects. The successful incumbent will require a suitable tertiary qualification and Business Analysis Certification with at least 7 years work experience as a BA within a Digital environment including experience withing Financial Service or Retail. You must have advanced facilitation and presentations skills with Software Development Life Cycle experience, including testing methodologies.
- Collaborate with stakeholder to analyse and design new and enhanced business processes:
- Facilitate requirements workshop, maintain group focus, and lead discussion toward stated goals.
- Establish and clarify user requirements and ensure that requirements are accurately specified for projects and change requests.
- Prepare requirements documentation (BRS) and ensure that they are signed-off by the relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure functional specifications are developed to support the business requirements (either developed by this person, or co-ordinate and signoff of these specifications if developed by a vendor).
- Integration with Development teams to ensure effective delivery of user requirements:
- Review and approve system design specifications.
- Ensure that the Development team deliver the solutions according to specification.
- Ensure effective testing:
- Ensure the Test team understands the full business requirement before handing over to the Test team.
- Assist the Test team when communicating with external partners and vendors.
- Ensure correct resolution for the defects raised (from opening the defect to closing it).
- Ensure that the critical business scenarios are tested to meet the specifications.
- Once the project is completed, ensure that the centralised process flows are kept up-to-date and are continuously improved where necessary.
- Ensure effective facilitation of business meetings, ensuring clear decisions are taken and decisions and actions are clearly and accurately minuted.
- Provide end-to-end project co-ordination for mini projects (effective co-ordination of resources and activities to meet agreed timelines for the project).
- Provide effective leadership:
- Build effective and confident relationships with stakeholders (business, ICT and vendors).
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and identify opportunities for business improvement.
- Provide clear and timeous feedback, and effectively manage business expectations.
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- Relevant certification in Business Analysis.
- Minimum of 7 years Business Analysis experience within a Digital environment.
- Software Development Life Cycle experience, including testing methodologies.
- Experience within an Agile environment.
- Experience in the Financial Services or Retail industry.
- Advanced facilitation and presentations skills.
- Product knowledge of retail store cards, credit cards, loans, etc.
- Knowledge of Credit systems (Vision Plus, New business acquisition systems, etc.).
- An understanding of application development, database and system design.
- Business acumen.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective relationship management and collaboration skills.
- Analytical with the ability to make good insightful decisions.
- Ability to influence appropriately.
- Attention to detail.