DevOps Lead (CPT Remote)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ Remote
Our client, based in Cape Town, would be thrilled for you to utilize your passion for automation to support their world-class systems and apply your logical and analytical thought process to comprehend the requirements for supporting high-performance platforms in a 24/7 environment. The role involves providing thought leadership, establishing, and expanding the Company’s DevOps practice, and devising software deployment strategies that enable their software developers to efficiently deploy software. As the designated individual, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and refining all-inclusive development automation systems that cater to the complete application landscape. You must have 3 – 5 years’ working experience in a Software Engineering or DevOps capacity, preferably as a DevOps Lead, and a BSc Computer Science Information Technology or relevant qualification.
- Ability to set up proactive monitoring of infrastructure/software, and work with web servers/DNS servers. Familiarity with load balancers like Apache, Nginx, etc., and various networking concepts like IP gateways, TCP/IP, etc. Proficiency in at least one scripting language, such as Shell, Python, etc., is required.
- Understanding of Relevant Tools such as:
- Version control
- Continuous Integration servers
- Configuration management
- Deployment automation
- Infrastructure Orchestration
- Monitoring and analytics
- Testing and Cloud Quality tools
- Network protocols
- Configuration and Version Management – You know how to merge/combine build tools such as Maven with version control systems tools like Github and make them work.
- Learning Proactive Monitoring – You are familiar with continuous monitoring tools – you can recognise bottlenecks, can upgrade versions, and install security patches if any.
- BSc Computer Science Information Technology or relevant qualification.
- Relevant IT certifications advantageous.
Knowledge & Skills:
- 3 – 5 years’ working experience in a Software Engineering or DevOps capacity, preferably as a DevOps Lead.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in leading implementation of DevOps practices and tools, systems automation, orchestration, deployment, and implementation.
- Linux Fundamentals and Scripting Skills.
- Security Skills.
- AWS Cloud Skills.
- Testing Skills, good understanding of tools like Chef, Puppet, etc. Familiar with Docker Containers and you can integrate Jenkins with automation testing tools like Selenium and JMeter.
- Proficiency in English; knowledge of additional language is an advantage.
- Possess effective organizational skills and the ability to complete multiple tasks and a high volume of work on deadline.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent customer service.
- Creative and strategic thinker.
- Technical, Change Advocator.
- Proactive and Constant learner.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal.
- Interpersonal skills and developing relationships with team members.
- Outstanding communication and presentation.
- Analytical and problem – solving skills.
- Active listening.
- Overall understanding of technologies used in the product.
- Support team members and management.