DevOps Engineer (JHB)
IT – Software Development ~ IT – Infrastructure
Johannesburg – Gauteng
A strong technical DevOps Engineer with Automation expertise using Ansible and Terraform is sought by a dynamic Network Distribution company to join its Joburg team. Your core role will entail automating and managing the deployment, scaling, and management of cloud and on-premises infrastructure using Ansible and Terraform as well as design, develop, and maintain Automation scripts to support CI/CD pipelines and infrastructure as code. The successful incumbent must have 3+ years’ experience in a similar role with a focus on Automation using Ansible & Terraform, 3+ year’s SQL (MSSQL), have strong C# (.Net Core), Python, Windows, Linux, AWS, CI/CD and preferably React.
- Automate and manage the deployment, scaling, and management of cloud and on-premises infrastructure using Ansible and Terraform.
- Design, develop, and maintain Automation scripts to support CI/CD pipelines and infrastructure as code.
- Collaborate with Development teams to create and maintain infrastructure configurations and deployment patterns.
- Work closely with the Operations team to manage and resolve production issues related to infrastructure and applications.
- Utilize Docker containers for application deployment and management, with container orchestration for scaling and failover.
- Develop and implement monitoring and logging solutions to provide visibility into the health and performance of cloud and on-premises infrastructure.
- Build and maintain tools to manage cloud and on-premises infrastructure and applications.
- Mentor junior team members and provide technical guidance on best practices for DevOps and Infrastructure Automation.
- 3+ Years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer, with a focus on Automation using Ansible and Terraform.
- 3+ Years’ experience with SQL (MSSQL).
- Strong programming skills in C# (.Net core) and Python, experience with React is preferable.
- Experience working in a Windows and Linux environment, with expertise in Docker containers and container orchestration.
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure, most notably AWS, and experience with cloud-based services and tools.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Industry Awareness.
- Information Seeking.
- Judgement (Decision-making).
- Knowledge of technology (that supports product).
- Logical thinking.
- Managing Complexity.
- Planning and Organising.
- Problem Solving.
- Product Knowledge.
- Research and investigating.