IT – Software Development ~ IT – Infrastructure
Stellenbosch – Western Cape
THE technical expertise of a self-driven & highly talented DevOps Engineer is sought by a leading provider of cutting-edge Telecommunications Solutions to join its team where you will work on an exciting, web-based UI and product. You will support the Devs in the team, ensuring up-time of infrastructure and maintenance thereof, while improving tooling and automation and looking after continuous delivery pipelines, ensuring they run optimally. The successful incumbent will possess an Engineering/BSc. Computer Science Degree or 3-year Diploma from an accredited tertiary institution. You will require 2+ years’ experience in in a similar role including proficiency with Linux, Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Nomad and developing Continuous Integration/ Delivery pipelines.
- Management of virtual environments, including VMware, ProxMox.
- Find opportunities to remove repetitive and/or error prone tasks via automation.
- Ensure maximum uptime via the continuous monitoring of critical services. This includes ensuring all the required monitoring is in place.
- Collaborate with the Software Development team to ensure their development infrastructure requirements are catered for.
- Manage the configuration of the various platforms utilized for development.
- Assist the Development teams to manage code from local devices through to production via multiple development environments, i.e., the manage the DevOps lifecycle.
- Collaborate with the Software Development teams on infrastructure requirements for new features and services to be delivered to production. This includes planning, design, documentation and implementation of new production systems.
- Produce design and systems documentation where required.
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures.
- Continuous optimization and improvement to existing processes, systems and infrastructure.
- Engineering / BSc. Computer Science or 3-year Diploma (including Information Systems) at a recognized institution.
- 2+ Years’ experience in DevOps.
- Excellent knowledge with System Administration in Linux.
- Experience with Automation/ Integration tools like Jenkins.
- Proficient in developing Continuous Integration/ Delivery pipelines.
- Hands-on knowledge of software containerization platforms like Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes and Docker Swarm.
- Experience with container deployment and management tools like Nomad.
Company Tech Stack: Jenkins, Docker, Nomad, Consul, Linux, Maven, Git and Bitbucket, SonarQube, Grafana, Bash Scripting, Java, JIRA, Keycloak; Databases: PostgreSQL, Neo4, Vertica
- Self-motivated with a strong sense team spirit.
- Innovative, ability to solve tough problems and reveal unique solutions.
- Highly organized and motivated.
- Detail oriented.
- Have a high standard of service delivery.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership.
- Can communicate clearly and concisely, technically but also non-technically.
- Comfortable working under pressure.