Development Project Manager
Cape Town – Western Cape
ENSURE the flawless execution of projects as the next Development Project Manager sought by a fast-paced Digital Dev House providing software solutions to clients both locally and abroad. Your role will entail developing and managing a detailed project plan to track progress as well as using appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope and engaging with clients to manage expectations and change requests. The ideal candidate will preferably possess a University Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or similar discipline, have 5-7 years’ experience as a Project Manager in platform development, experience delivering project according to Waterfall and Agile methodologies, a technical background or hands-on experience in Software Development and web technologies and strong skills in Jira, MS Office & Diagramming programs such as draw.io.
- Coordinate internal team for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Develop and manage project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Develop and manage a detailed project plan to track progress.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule, and costs.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Engage with clients on project details, manage expectations and change requests.
- University Degree, in the fields of Computer Science or Engineering (preferable, but non-essential).
- 5-7 Years’ experience as a Project Manager in platform development.
- Experience in delivering projects according to Waterfall and Agile project management methodologies.
- Technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in Software Development and web technologies.
- Strong working knowledge of Jira, Diagramming programs (e.g., draw.io), Microsoft Office.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.