Development Manager (Financial Services Solutions) (CPT)
Finance/Admin ~ IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
MANAGE technical project delivery, lead client engagements while designing innovative software solutions for the Financial Services clients of a dynamic Tech & Software Solutions Provider seeking your expertise to be its next Development Manager. This role offers a unique opportunity to make a significant impact while stretching your technical software & Project Management experience, and most importantly, your people and leadership skills. You will be expected to grow and lead from an expert tech base, look to improve service and expand the company’s offering while providing mentorship and developing the team. You will be required to preferably possess a BSc./B.Eng./BCom Degree in IT from an accredited university with 60% average and A or B pass for HG Matric Maths. You must also have 5 years’ relevant work experience including significant experience leading projects covering the full project lifecycle, have implemented scalable solutions and built enterprise-wide systems and technical delivery experience through scoping, design, configuration, system testing, deployment & ongoing refactoring. CVs must be submitted with Degree transcripts and Matric results – Non-Negotiable.
- Technical Lead and Expert – Grow and lead from an expert tech base – and tap tech resources in the environment.
- Project & Solution Delivery – Project Management: Drive priorities, manage constraints, open and efficient communication channels, quality focus.
- Team Lead and People Management – Mentor people, one-on-one’s, career discussions – challenge and develop people.
- Client engagement & relations – Build out true long-standing relationships based on trust and quality service.
- Business Development – Always look to improve service and expand the company’s offering to new business areas – exploring new business and tech themes.
- Business insight – Utilize and grow subject matter knowledge of the client’s business – providing better business solutions and consulting.
- B.Sc, B.Eng or B.Com Degree with IT related subjects as majors. From one of the following universities: UCT, Stellenbosch, Wits, Pretoria, North West (Potchefstroom campus), Free State, KZN, Nelson Mandela, Johannesburg. With above average results. Guideline is 60% average at university.
- Matric results – A or B for Math HG.
- At least 5 years’ worth of professional experience.
- Have a strong technical background with experience in Software Engineering and Project Management leadership.
- Significant experience leading projects from engagement through implementation and covering the full project lifecycle.
- Implementing scalable solutions and building enterprise-wide systems.
- Implementing and working with solutions for; system integration, middleware, automation, data migration, application interface, workflow & business process management.
- Technical delivery experience through scoping, design, configuration, system testing, deployment & ongoing refactoring.
- Business analysis, system analysis and requirements facilitation aspects of projects.
- Hands-on experience with application support.
- Knowledge of professional Software Engineering practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes and testing.
- Experience in different delivery methodologies with Agile leadership desirable.
- Lead and mentor other team members such as Software Engineers and Analysts.
- Line Management including career development, career guidance & performance appraisals.
- A proven track record of success in project delivery, preferably working in a regulated Financial Services environment.
- Knowledge and experience of Financial Services business processes and functions. Preferably finance and operational processes such as money management, accounting, payments & collections, order management, reconciliation, data integrity control, system and data migration.
- Key coordinator and liaison with clients, business stakeholders, subject matter experts, project coordinators and delivery teams.
- Ability to understand systems from all levels: from the “big picture” enterprise-level view to the detailed level technical view.
- Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, written and public speaking.
- Strong and proven organisational skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong automation mindset.
- Critical thinker with quality focus.