Developer (MUST have Python & SQL) (CPT Hybrid)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
Report Automation & Systematization –
- Design relational data tables to serve current data needs and pre-empt future use cases.
- Optimize table structures for scale and high frequency read/writes.
- Optimize stored procedures for large data sets and high frequency calls.
- Build data pipelines to feed reports and reporting systems.
- Write ETL scripts for data ingestion and transfers as well as report generation using stored procedures and Python scripting.
- Integrate systems data communication layer.
Web Development –
- Build data visualisations using charting APIs.
- Build self-service and dynamic reports.
- Data analysis and reporting using Python Pandas, Numpy and Plotly.
- Python web frameworks.
- ETL scripting.
- Create and add to existing in-house Python Modules.
- Automate data quality checks.
- Assist and collaborate on team wide projects.
- Process documentation and version control.
- Systems and framework implementation.
- Handle ad hoc data query investigations.
- Data maintenance and governance.
- University Post Graduate Degree (Computer Science/Information Systems/Mathematics/Statistics/Business Science/Actuarial).
- Up to 3 years’ experience with a specific focus in database management, data analysis and have produced ETL processes at scale are essential.
- Basic understanding of financial instruments and markets.
- Exceptional skill and experience in Python and SQL.
- Outstanding organisation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills – oral and written.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, driven and results oriented.
- Ability to listen and respond to new ideas, provide input and diverse perspectives.
- High levels of self-confidence, assertive as well as healthy levels of EQ.
- Structured work style, attention to detail and accuracy is of the utmost importance.