Developer – Data Warehousing (CPT/JHB)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ Johannesburg – Gauteng
HELP develop and enhance the cloud data capability model of an innovative Investment Firm to house its DWH as they seek your coding talents as a Developer who must have extensive experience in relational and dimensional database structure and design and reporting. You will also develop integration solutions using T-SQL and other vendor integration tools, ETL Development and maintain existing SSRS report definitions to present the data. The ideal candidate must possess a Degree/Diploma in Information Science or related technical discipline, have 5-8 years’ SQL experience – stored procedures, UDF’s, T-SQL, performance tuning and optimization, RDBMS, error handling and logging, etc. and proficiency with SSIS, SSRS, Power BI and knowledge of financial concepts and terms.
- Work as part of a larger IT team using the Scrum methodology.
- Interact with business users, Business Analysts and other Developers to understand user requirements.
- Develop integration solutions using T-SQL and other vendor integration tools.
- ETL Development to load Data Warehouse.
- Maintain existing SSRS report definitions to present the data.
- Support existing integration and reporting solutions in the production environment by analysing problems reported by users and track down their cause through debugging techniques and discussion with other team members.
- Testing and deployment of new development.
- Degree or Diploma in Information Science or related technical discipline.
- 5-8 Years SQL experience (stored procedures, UDF’s, T-SQL, performance tuning and optimization, RDBMS, error handling and logging, etc.) is essential.
- Experience with data integration, validation and reconciliation (SSIS or similar).
- Expert knowledge of reporting technologies (SSRS, Power BI or similar).
- Working experience with relational and dimensional database structures.
- Working experience with design and development of data marts and data warehouses.
- Interacting with business users to understand requirements and producing solutions.
- Knowledge of financial concepts and terms and interested in attending courses to improve business knowledge.
- Experience creating and maintaining cubes (SSAS).
- AWS Cloud implementation.
- Jira and GitLab.
- Exposure to PostgreSQL.
- Financial Services industry experience.
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Problem solving.
- Willingness to take initiative and responsibility.
- Able to meet deadlines and deal with pressure.
- Can work effectively as part of a diverse team and cross-train with team members.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good communication.