Desktop Support Technician
IT – Support
Cape Town – Western Cape
SERVE as the central point of contact for all IT related incidents and service requests as the next Desktop Support Technician sought by a rapidly growing provider of innovative Financial Solutions based in Westlake. You will provide 2nd Line Support to all staff, ensuring professional and an efficient service is provided to a wide range of users. The ideal candidate requires Matric/Grade 12, preferably be MSCE Certified and at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role with strong skills in Windows 8+ and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Responsible for resolving support requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands.
- IT Support staff work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides services over the phone, through e-mail, phone, in person, for walk-in customers and self-service.
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows and Mac) and across a range of software applications.
- Assist all users with any logged IT related incident when called upon.
- Take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary.
- Accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system.
- Install and configure new IT equipment.
- Resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware.
- Resolve incidents with printers, copiers, and scanners.
- Maintain a first-class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organisation.
- Be a highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities.
- Create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist all staff in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests and enable users to become more self-sufficient.
- Maintain and resolve issues on VoIP telephone, Biometric, Video systems and other computing equipment.
- Matric/Grade 12 as a minimum.
- Preference for a related qualification MSCE.
- 3-5 Years related experience in a similar Desktop Support position with an excellent understanding of Windows 8 + as well as an excellent understanding of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Integrity and discretion.
- High attention to detail.
- Able to take initiative and ownership.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Able to work independently.
- A positive team player.
- Articulate in communicating technical issues.
- Highly methodical and follows tasks through to completion.