Design Specialist (DTP)
Cape Town – Western Cape
YOUR keen eye for beautiful digital aesthetics is sought to fill the role of a Design Specialist joining the team of a forward-thinking Investment Firm. You will provide marketing design, layout, and typesetting expertise across all client-facing branded corporate material. This will also include using DTP software to produce layouts, editing images, creating graphics and preparing client-facing presentations. The ideal candidate must have 5 years’ work experience as a DTP Operator/Design with advanced Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (Adobe Suite), strong proofreading skills and a strong creative vision with solid knowledge of principles of good design/layout. Applicants may be expected to provide a design portfolio.
- Use DTP software to produce layouts.
- Typesetting and page layout by preparing reports, brochures, books, cards, and other documents for printing and digital publication.
- Create computer files of text, graphics, and page layouts.
- Edit photographs and other images.
- Produce graphics, such as diagrams, charts, and tables.
- Assist with branding projects (developing template designs).
- Implement the corporate identity across all marketing collateral.
- Prepare client-facing presentations.
Design outputs –
- Produce artwork from initial concept through to finished artwork based on verbal or written brief.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a DTP Operator/Designer.
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (Adobe Suite).
- Ability to follow a design brief closely and accurately.
- Strong creative vision and knowledge of principles of good design/layout.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office PowerPoint and Word, as well as intermediate Excel skills.
- Keep up to date with new computer software and technology.
- Proofreading skills.
- Excellent design portfolio (to be made available on request).
- Creative, with an eye for good design.
- Independent working approach.
- Works methodically and pays attention to detail.
- Can work quickly and well under pressure and adheres to strict deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload.
- Able to adapt quickly to new situations and requirements.
- Can work with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Measured and considered in approach.
- Behave in accordance with company culture.
- Shows integrity and ethical awareness.
- Ensures effective peer working relationships.