Deputy Creative Director
Cape Town – Western Cape
A fast-paced Digital Advertising Agency is looking for a Deputy Creative Director – Copywriter to join the company’s Creative team. You must have At least 5 to 8 years’ as a Creative Group Head or Associate Creative Group Head with solid experience in leading and managing a creative team. The role involves working across the spectrum of advertising modalities, with particular emphasis on traditional ATL and Digital advertising. Experience on Blue-Chip clients would be an advantage.
- Developing creative ideas that successfully translate a client’s brand and business requirements into a digital marketing environment, including choosing the right advertising channel – across ATL, BTL, Digital and Integrated
- Where applicable, craft copy and content in accordance with the brief, the brand and the creative idea.
- Working with members of Strategy, Client Servicing, Technical, Creative and Project Management disciplines within the Agency as well as external 3rd parties and clients to ensure the delivery of pitches and projects in line with agreed time, cost and quality constraints.
- Be accountable for the quality of final deliverables – creative, grammar, spelling, syntax, overall integrity of communication.
- Play a major part in pushing the creative envelope to deliver the ‘wow’ factor in the company’s creative work.
- Provide support and leadership in line management, mentoring and aligning career development goals of individuals within the creative team.
- Supporting the development and implementation of the Agency’s overall creative strategy & operational plan.
- At least 5 to 8 years’ experience as a Creative Group Head or Associate Creative Group Head, with solid experience in leading and managing a creative team.
- The ability to be a ‘good conceptual thinker’ with the ability to lead a creative pitch and sell in the ‘big idea’.
- Ability to understand clients’ requirements, business context, and brand philosophy
- Should have strong editorial and copywriting skills, including a strong sense of how to organize and stage interactive content, craft copy in various styles.
- An understanding of Project & Campaign execution processes and techniques
- Ability to work across ATL, BTL, Digital and Integrated
- Experience on Blue-Chip clients would be great.
- Must be able to present work confidently internally and externally; whilst fostering proper and respectful relationships with clients
- Must be able to work closely with the CD across ideation and execution processes.
- Above all, a strong portfolio of live work which MUST include creative copy written for both traditional ATL and Digital campaigns.
- Be enthusiastic and enjoy creative ideas development.
- Be able to multi-task and manage change.
- Be able to work on their own initiative when required.
- Be customer and delivery focused.
- Be able to lead or work within a team.
- Be able to manage, coach and mentor a team of creatives.