Data Success Manager (SQL) (JHB)
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Johannesburg – Gauteng
A dynamic provider of Enterprise Risk Management, Compliance & Audit software in Joburg seeks a strong technical & highly analytical Data Success Manager to join its team. The position will suit an experienced BI / Data Analyst, or someone who is possibly already in a Team Lead or Supervisory/ Manager role but with the technical skills, looking for career development to move into a role with both technical and supervisory/managerial and client facing responsibilities in a niche industry and specialise in data analytics in an innovative and growing business. You must possess Degree in IS/Computer Science/Maths or Stats, preferably a Microsoft Certification in a data related competency, 3- 5 years’ work experience in Data Analytics in a Business Intelligence environment with SQL, Advanced Excel, Jira & BI experience. Exposure to the Insurance industry or Financial Services sector will prove beneficial.
- Manage current and future implementation projects.
- Control, monitor and report progress against implementation plan and the supervision of the implementation projects to completion and within time, budget and quality standards.
- Lead, motivate, supervise, allocate work and control the activities of the Data Success Specialist as well as any other people working on the projects.
- Help grow the business by assisting in the pre-sales and sales of solutions to prospective customers (Including product demonstrations, proof of concept, quoting etc.).
- Manage and execute a data acquisition and implementation process.
- Report on data quality to internal stakeholders, customers and customer service providers.
- Customer Support.
- Participation in JAD sessions and client meetings.
- Schedule and implement the Data Warehouse in new and existing customers.
- Liaise with system providers to ensure data is obtained for each partner and project.
- Ensure data balances to financial data (financial reports/payments).
- Project documentation to ensure project status is recorded and managed effectively.
- Provide ongoing project status reports on risks to ensure project remains on target.
- Proactively identify and report on potential delays to ensure these can be managed effectively.
- Follow up to resolve any delays.
- Maintain, improve and build client relationships through professional and clear communication with clients.
- Facilitate a transfer of knowledge to the product to User.
- Bachelor Degree: B Comm. / IS / Computer Science / Maths and Stats in Computer Science, or an alternate equivalent with IS and a focus on Data Science / Development.
- Preference for Honours level (Comp. Science), or an equivalent 4-year Degree / an (Hons) Data Science module.
- Microsoft Certification in a data related competency is preferable.
- +/- 3- 5 Years in Data Analytics in a Business Intelligence environment.
- Experience in an Agile BI environment.
- Client facing experience and demonstrated ability to facilitate collaboration with stakeholders and manage multiple pipeline processes with similar delivery dates.
- Manage, and report on processes.
- Supervisory / Lead experience, preferably with a small team of Data Analysts.
- Proficient in data queries, developing reports, interpretation of data, report writing and presenting findings.
- SQL and BI experience.
- Jira software experience (issue, project tracking).
- Team Support experience (customer ticketing).
- MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint – Excel at Advanced level.
- Competency in working with numbers and financial figures.
- Project Management skills.
- Experience in the Insurance industry.
- Power BI.
- An analytical thinker, with high attention to detail.
- Problem solver with the ability to manage time effectively.
- Excellent Communication skills, client facing and stakeholder management.
- Strong team ethic.
- Strong and professional communication and interpersonal skills, telephonically and in writing.
- Self-motivation and flexibility to work in a changing environment, adaptable.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, to set goals, prioritise and deliver on work and collaborate remotely.
- Proven ability to follow up and follow through on work to completion.