Data Science Consultant
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Johannesburg – Gauteng
A fast-paced Analytics Consultancy seeks an ambitious Data Science Consultant who has experience in Developing data science models Constructing ETL processes, communicating with clients (internal or external), and supporting models in a production environment, to join their team. The ideal candidate must possess a BSc. Degree in Engineering/Actuarial Science/Stats or similar discipline with 3-5 Years’ experience in a Data Science environment / role, practice experience with Machine Learning models and proficiency in Python, SQL, and Git.
- Ability to understand instructions from management on building Machine Learning models and constructing ETL pipelines.
- Implement architected components of work designed by management.
- Document the work done, explaining all processes and interpretation of model results and model validation.
- Work with managers and clients through project phases.
- Be a self-starter with some independence expected.
- Update manager on project progress.
- Assist with researching marketing material.
- Minimum: BSc in a quantitative field with strong academic performance (Engineering, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc.).
- Ideal: Honours or Masters in a quantitative field.
- Bonus: Qualified Actuary (no remaining exams to complete).
- 3-5 Years’ experience in a Data Science environment / role.
- Practical experience with Machine Learning models.
- Minimum: Python, SQL, Git.
- Consulting experience would be advantageous.
- Experience in Financial Services industry is a plus, but not required.
- Ideal: HTML, Cloud (IBM, AWS, Azure, GCP), Containers (Docker, Kubernetes etc.).
- Bonus: SAS, R, Scala, PySpark, Scala, Java, C, Python Dash, R Shiny, Streamlit.
Excellent business, communication and presentation skills.