Data Science Consultant (JHB/Remote)
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Johannesburg – Gauteng ~ Remote
AN ambitious Graduate is sought to fill the role of a Data Science Consultant at a fast-paced Analytics Consultancy where you will gain data-driven experience with particular focus on banks, insurance companies and Telecommunications. You will be learning how to develop data science models, construct ETL processes, communicate with clients (internal or external) and support models in a production environment. The ideal candidate must possess a BSc. Degree in Engineering/Actuarial Science/Stats or similar discipline with 3-5 Years’ experience in a Data Science environment / role, practice experience with Machine Learning models and proficiency in Python, SQL and Git.
- Ability to understand instructions from management on building Machine Learning models and constructing ETL pipelines.
- Implement architected components of work designed by management.
- Document the work done, explaining all processes and interpretation of model results and model validation.
- Work with managers and clients through project phases.
- Be a self-starter with some independence expected.
- Update manager on project progress.
- Assist with researching marketing material.
- Minimum: BSc in a quantitative field with strong academic performance (Engineering, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc.).
- Ideal: Honours or Masters in a quantitative field.
- Bonus: Qualified Actuary (no remaining exams to complete).
- 3-5 Years’ experience in a Data Science environment / role.
- Practical experience with Machine Learning models.
- Minimum: Python, SQL, Git.
- Consulting experience would be advantageous.
- Experience in Financial Services industry is a plus, but not required.
- Ideal: HTML, Cloud (IBM, AWS, Azure, GCP), Containers (Docker, Kubernetes etc.).
- Bonus: SAS, R, Scala, PySpark, Scala, Java, C, Python Dash, R Shiny, Streamlit.
- Excellent business, communication and presentation skills.