Data & Reporting Specialist
Finance/Admin ~ IT – Analyst, Data Management
Cape Town – Western Cape
REDUCE risk within the business through control activities while increasing efficiency via reporting as your meticulous nature & ability to understand complex problems and package data as a Data & Reporting Specialist is sought by a dynamic Finance Administration Firm. You will be expected to understand, extract & evaluate data for key control activities, business insight and management information for client reporting while improving business decision making by providing insight into data. The role also includes a component of operational and system production support. You will require a Degree in Statistics/Information Management or Economics, 2+ years BA/Service Delivery experience, knowledge of the Retail Investment domain, Advanced Excel, SQL, SSRS & demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases. You must also possess strong leadership skills with excellent communication and a deep sense of curiosity combined with a need to improve the current status quo.
- Extract, manipulate, evaluate and sign off control reports critical for the risk reduction of the business.
- Use various tools to extract data from primary and secondary sources.
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques.
- Develop and implement data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Develop and maintain databases, data systems – reorganizing data in a readable format.
- Perform analysis to assess quality and meaning of data.
- Filter data by reviewing reports and performance indicators to identify and correct code problems.
- Use statistical tools to identify, analyse and interpret patterns and trends in complex data sets that could be helpful for the diagnosis and prediction.
- Assign numerical value to essential business functions so that business performance can be assessed and compared over periods of time.
- Analyse local, national and global trends that impact both the organisation and the industry.
- Prepare reports for the management stating trends, patterns and predictions using relevant data.
- Work with Developers, Business Analysts, SMEs and management.
- Head to identify process improvement opportunities, propose system modifications and devise data governance strategies.
- Prepare final analysis reports for the stakeholders to understand the data-analysis steps, enabling them to take important decisions based on various facts and trends.
- Degree qualified in either Statistics, Information Management or Economics.
- 2+ Years BA / Service Delivery experience.
- Knowledge of the Retail Investment domain.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills is essential.
- Knowledge of database query languages e.g., SQL.
- Knowledge of reporting tools e.g., SSRS.
- Knowledge of front-end development technologies and tools e.g., HTML, CSS etc.
- Knowledge of web applications.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
Software/Systems Knowledge –
- Understanding of database structures, languages and reporting tools.
- Detail oriented, and not willing to say "OK" until something meets the required standards.
- Ability to work with stakeholders, understand their requirements and challenges and provide efficient, insightful data solutions.
- Proactive with a sense of urgency and the ability to establish priorities and make decisions.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to understand complex problems and package data to check assumptions and guide business decisions.
- A great team player, able to interact easily with both business and technology stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Able to communicate effectively with teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to source information from the users/clients.
- Can work under pressure, time management, provide reasonable effort estimations and to be able to multi-task across multiple projects and communicate effectively.
- Unquestionable integrity and accountability.
- Uncompromising in delivery of excellent quality.