Data Operations Analyst (JHB)
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Johannesburg – Gauteng
YOUR passion for data & ability to translate business needs into actionable data-driven insights is sought by a Joburg FinTech company seeking to fill the role of a Data Operations Analyst. You will ensure that the Data Services business is run optimally and effectively, wherever possible, that automation is put in place to ensure the smooth running of the business, and wherever changes being put forward impact’s other stakeholders (internal or external), that those impacts are understood and communicated early to allow for sufficient planning and testing, if needed. A key part of this role will be to ensure mandated documentation and controls are put in place, whilst remaining true to our agile process practices. The successful candidate will also be expected to engage with clients, to solicit and understand requirements or to help and answer questions around the use of our data or our portal. This will include support-related queries post go-live, in conjunction with the Data Services team.
Deliver client-centric solutions to achieve business strategy (Internal Process) –
- Using the Risk Management Framework as a basis from which to identify and implement solutions to automatically measure, alert, and report trends for each associated risk captured in DevOps. Ensure appropriate risk-based responses are in place for each triggered risk.
- As new data products are created, work with the Data Analysts, and other internal teams to ensure that the new product creation process is followed, ensuring all necessary approvals are given (where necessary), appropriate pricing is signed-off, and that the business glossary, meta-data and data lineage detail is captured within Purview.
- Assist with client requirements analysis, be they internal or external, helping the Data Analysts and Engineers to understand their needs in more detail. Following an Agile approach, this will be iterative in nature. You may be called on to provide additional support, pre- and post-production, where clients need additional support.
- Ensure that the Data Services business remains well integrated with the organisation, including all control and governance forums. Where mandated controls and required documentation is needed, you will be tasked with ensuring that this is put in place.
- Data quality is critical to the success of the business and the trust that the market has in its data. Assist in putting in appropriate monitoring and controls, some of which will be technical in nature, to ensure that data is always of the highest possible quality.
- Assist with the management of client data, products, price lists and services in Dynamics which is a core and highly critical application to the normal servicing and functioning of our business. This will include appropriate monitoring and reporting to ensure revenue, leads and opportunities are being captured and managed correctly.
- Influence the design and implementation of the single-access-portal, which is the way in which clients will be accessing many of the services. This is also highly critical to the success of the business.
Enable client centricity within area of responsibility (Client Services) –
- Share knowledge and assist in resolving queries and problems of clients and stakeholders to promote the E-Voting brand.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients as well as internal and external stakeholders through formalised and informal interaction with all clients utilising the platform.
- Deliver on service level agreements made with clients as well as internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that client expectations are managed.
- Make recommendations to improve client service and fair treatment of clients utilising the E-Voting platform.
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service while mitigating risk.
- Ensure that all clients have a positive client experience end-to-end associated with the E-Voting platform.
Self-management and teamwork (People) –
- Develop and maintain productive and collaborative working relationships with peers and stakeholders.
- Positively influence and participate in change initiatives.
- Continuously develop own expertise in terms of professional, industry and legislation knowledge
- Contribute to continuous innovation through the development, sharing and implementation of new ideas.
- Take ownership for driving career development.
Contribute to financial controls and planning (Finance) –
- Identify and recommend data solutions to enhance operational efficiency.
- Provide input into the risk identification and communicate recommendations to appropriate teams / leadership.
- Matric / Grade 12 or the equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Statistics, or another closely related field. Alternatively, business or finance.
- Proven work experience as an Operations Analyst, a Data Analyst or as a Business Analyst.
- Strong passion for learning and working with data, with a willingness to acquire new technical skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a proven ability to translate business needs into actionable data-driven insights.
- Sound communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience in business analysis, process improvement, or related areas.
- Familiarity with tools such as Microsoft Excel, SQL, and business intelligence platforms is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Will be comfortable working to a strictly Agile Project methodology.
- Is inquisitive, detailed orientated, and unafraid to ask difficult questions, or challenge the status quo when the need arises.
- Can leverage their financial industry experience to suggest alternative solutions where they exist.
- Is willing to learn and engage with new technologies, new processes, and new data – to test, to learn, and ultimately to present informed decisions on the best way forward.
- Is considerate of the increasing risks faced as a society and as an organisation and suggests appropriate responses with regards to the solutions being built.
Business Acumen / Critical Thinking – Understands how the business operates, what the key issues and risks are related to E-Voting hat drives business success and how they impact on the commercial viability of potential ventures and the profitability of the business.
Customer / Stakeholder Commitment – Anticipates, meets, and exceeds customers and stakeholders’ expectations by creating long lasting relationships that support the customer value proposition for E-Voting.
Drive for Results – Drives a sense of urgency, focus, accountability, agility, and execution to deliver business results.
Leads Change and Innovation – Challenges the status quo, does what is right for the business, and encourages continuous improvement and innovation in line with the company’s strategic intent.
Motivating and Inspiring Team – Creates and maintains an open, positive working environment by generating commitment, building trust, a shared sense of purpose, empowerment in others and encouraging them to
contribute to the best of their ability.
Collaboration – Prioritises the business interests, considers resource allocation and invests in the success of the business by aligning effort across the divisions.
Impact and Influence – Persuades, convinces, influences, and inspires others, both within the company and externally to win support, trust, loyalty, and gain commitment to the value proposition of Strate’s E-Voting functionality.
Self-Awareness and Insight – Manages self and relationships with others effectively, deals with ambiguity, uncertainty, and pressure, and provides perspective in difficult situations.
Diversity and Inclusiveness – Is sensitive to individual and cultural differences and demonstrates humility and an openness to engage people from diverse backgrounds and cultures to the mutual benefit of all parties concerned.
Growing Talent – Actively mentors, coaches, and develops talent, builds leadership bench strength for the business by providing opportunities and experiences to develop skills, competencies, and business knowledge.