Data Engineering Analytics Lead
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Pretoria/Centurion – Gauteng
A leading global Digital Solutions Tech company is seeking a Data Engineering & Analytics vertical market lead who will be responsible for providing advisory and thought leadership on the provision of analytics environments leveraging Cloud based platforms, big data technologies, including integration with existing data and analytics platforms and tools. You will drive pre-sales (proactive, reactive pursuits). Come up with solutions for scalable data architectures, and information solutions covering data security, data privacy, data governance, metadata management, multi-tenancy, and mixed workload management, implement projects and provide delivery oversight.
You will lead multiple competencies within data engineering & analytics, guiding communities on the next best technologies and helping them plan the next set of solutions and services in their respective technologies to present to customers.
Data Engineering & Analytics Lead at the company takes up end to end ownerships of pre-sales, service offerings, external & internal communications, projects and provide valuable inputs to define strategies. You will do this by:
- Responding to client RFI, RFP documents with proper solution design including cost estimates
- Understanding customer requirements and create technical proposition.
- Creating proactive proposals by understanding customer business priorities, and technology landscape
- Contributing to SoWs, technical project roadmaps, etc required for successful execution of projects leveraging Technical Scoping & Solutioning approach.
- Building Solution roadmap & strategy for internal DE&A platform
- Leading analyst briefings and presentations
- Managing all aspects of technical solutions development and ensure successful project deliveries.
- Developing best practises as & when needed
- Estimating effort, identifying risk and providing technical support whenever needed
- Demonstrating the ability to multitask and re prioritizing responsibility based on dynamic requirements.
- Leading and mentoring various practice competency practice teams as needed
- 15-20 Years of Data and Analytics experience with minimum 5+ years in one of cloud platforms like Azure, AWS or GCP Cloud native data services.
- Experience working on cloud platforms (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud).
- Expertise in Snowflake, Databricks, Big Query, Synapse.
- Experience with the Big Data stack (HDFS, SPARK, MapReduce, Hadoop, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, HBase, Flume, Kafka) as well as with the No-SQL (e.g., MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra).
- Experience with related/complementary open-source software platforms and languages (e.g., Java, Python, Scala)
- Good understanding of AI, ML implementation life cycle, latest tools, and offerings.
- Working experience with ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) tools (e.g., Informatica, Talend, Ab Initio, Pentaho)
- Experience working with various data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI, Oracle Analytics Cloud etc.).
- Analytical and consulting skills.
- Working within a project management/agile delivery methodology in a leading role as part of a wider team.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- Be able to work with customers independently.
- Excellent communication skills interviewing, preparation and delivery of presentations and reports.