Data Engineer (Product) (CPT Only)
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Stellenbosch – Western Cape
AN innovative Financial Services Provider seeks a highly analytical & meticulous Data Engineer with strong commercial acumen to join its Product team. Your core role will be to utilise the database and your Software Engineering & Programming skills to ensure that the necessary data is properly stored on the cloud platform and is available to the Data Scientists. You will require a suitable IT tertiary qualification with Grade 12/Matric and a minimum of 2 years’ work experience in Programming and Data Modelling. You will also need to have experience on data services on a cloud platform like Azure, AWS or Google Cloud and be proficient with Data Modelling tools including Table structures, Stored Procedures, SSIS Packages & SQL, and have experience with NoSQL, SQL Server & Hadoop.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Information Technology.
- Grade 12 National Certificate / Vocational.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Programming and modelling of data.
- Systems Engineering and implementations experience.
- Experience on the data services on a cloud platform like Azure, AWS or Google Cloud.
- System Architecture (technical design and implementation processes) –
- Database analysis, design & administration.
- Technical Test Plan Design.
- IT Systems Development processes –
- System Engineering.
- Application Development.
- Standards and governance.
- Data Modelling using: Table structures, Stored Procedures, SSIS Packages & SQL.
- Cloud Data Services –
- Implementing data pipelines using cloud infrastructure and services.
- NoSQL experience on the cloud.
- Data engineering and integration services in a hybrid clou environment.
- Solid understanding of – Banking systems environment, Bank business model, Best practices for Quality Assurance (QA), SQL Server, Azure platform & Hadoop.
- Project Management Skills (Methodology Specific).
Ideal to have –
- A relevant Post-Graduate Degree.
- Detailed knowledge of: Banking systems, Agile development life cycle, Polybase, Python.
- Communications skills.
- Interpersonal & Relationship Management skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Influencing skills.
- Facilitation skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Problem solving,
- Commercial Thinking.
- Attention to Detail.
- Planning, organising and coordination skills.