Data Analytics Engineer (Franschhoek)
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Cape Town – Western Cape
JOIN the team of our client, nestled in the picturesque wine valley of Franschhoek, seeking the expertise of a Data Analytics Engineer to help reimagine their e-Commerce engine and build companion native mobile apps to help take their operations to new heights. You will provide analysis and insight across its growing business by embedding data into every decision, interaction, and process throughout the business units. The successful incumbent will require strong SQL skills including having mentored others in SQL, extensive Tableau, Power BI & Data Studio proficiency and knowledge of Data Modelling within a data warehouse. Must be fluent in Afrikaans.
- In pursuit of the team’s longer-term objectives, you will also have the opportunity to influence the organisation’s data strategy and work on key strategic projects.
- An important current initiative is the creation of a new cloud data warehouse, using Google BigQuery.
- Working closely with dedicated Data Engineers, you will help build the core data models in the data warehouse, and in doing so, unlock exciting new opportunities for Data and Business Analysts to produce actionable insight.
- Strong SQL skills and experience mentoring others in SQL.
- Extensive experience with a BI tool, e.g., Tableau, Power BI, Data Studio.
- Knowledge of Data Modelling within a data warehouse.
- Fluent in Afrikaans.
- Experience with Google Analytics, and more generally with analysing behavioural data from websites and mobile apps.
- Experience with leveraging Hospitality and/or e-Commerce data.
- Exposure to Agile ways of working and product development.
- Coding skills in Python or R.
- Experience in working with a CRM system, e.g., HubSpot.
- Exposure to or interest in Engineering best practices, e.g., Version Control, Automated Testing and Monitoring/Alerting.