Data & Analytics Director
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ Johannesburg – Gauteng ~ Durban – KwaZulu Natal
The next Data & Analytics Director is sought by a dynamic and fast-growing Digital Marketing Agency to help them achieve their vision through defined initiatives, be accountable for teams’ performance, and to aid with key strategic accounts. Your skillset must include consulting, attribution, machine learning, audience creation, and personalization.
- Achieve the company’s vision through defined initiatives
- Be accountable for teams’ performance
- Aid with key strategic accounts
- Consulting, attribution, machine learning, audience creation, personalisation
- Can help clients define strategic opportunities for digital marketing based on a good understanding of their customer landscape, brand and business objectives.
- Can research, identify and understand opportunities in campaigns and make successful recommendations as to how to move forward.
- Can originate and plan an entire data strategy and insights roadmap including how it ties in with broader marketing plans or business objectives.
- Is able to blend data, insights, and strategy into holistic recommendations that influence audience composition & marketing mix (paid, earned, owned).
- Drives key initiatives that align with either our capability vision or business’ thematic goal and informs the VP and wider team of progress made within each initiative
- Thought leader within the company to define how our measurement tools reflect marketing strategies
- Design solutions, products, and processes that have a global impact
- Drives creative thinking for clients & company teams by extrapolating insights from data performance that focus on the why and how, as opposed to “what happened”
- Final escalation point for client or team’s queries and issues Accountable for utilisation, performance, and skillset of local teams
- Aids and manages key strategic projects, expanding clients from single capability to multi-capability
- Aids with our growth in new regions through presentations or similar
- Maintains a strong team culture in-region
- Successfully able to deliver complex analytics implementations in a timely manner
- Lead a team and generate a profit month-on-month
- Deliver projects to tight timescales
- Results orientated with good communication and interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Can clearly communicate processes, strategies and general requirements to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong working knowledge of Google Analytics and / or Google Tag Manager, familiarity with Google ads, Facebook and others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident at presenting to key stakeholders and large groups of people
- Flexible, versatile and copes well under pressure
- Proactive, passionate about data and willing to learn the latest functionality
- Is a key team member who sets an example to colleagues
- A motivated individual with high levels of energy