Data Analyst/Scientist (Durban-based ONLY)
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Durban – KwaZulu Natal
ASSIST in the development of new AI products, monitoring of existing products and supporting client queries as your expertise as a Data Analyst/Scientist is sought by a growing Durban based Financial Services company. You will generate outputs to give analytical and quantitative insights to business in order to make improved operational, tactical and strategic decisions. The role will entail, working under pressure to deliver tasks. The candidate will be responsible for managing the entire deliverable: from spec gathering, data collection, data cleaning and manipulation, model creation, analysis and presentation of clients. Applicants must possess a suitable Degree/Diploma with a strong background in Statistics & Machine Learning, able to handle, interpret and analyse data efficiently. You must also be proficient with tools including SQL, R and Python and able to confidently present findings to senior business stakeholders. Applicants must be Durban-based.
- Develop and drive innovations within the AI/ML space.
- Translate Business Strategies into actionable goals and execute relevant BI projects / BI initiatives aligned to strategic objectives with specific performance measures and control systems to track progress.
- Extract data from various sources and convert it into meaningful information that can enhance the effectiveness of business decisions.
- Manage existing reports/dashboards through ongoing production of BI outputs to ensure consistent information supply in the required format/frequency and by adding additional insight into information produced for clients to ensure a value-added service to any information request to enhance business efficiencies.
- Involvement in new projects, design and develop Business Intelligence solutions in line with business requirements and service ad-hoc requests for information from clients within the required timeframe and specification.
- Assist with documentation of BI processes.
- Relevant IT Degree / Diploma.
- Strong background in Statistics and Machine Learning.
- Ability to handle, interpret and analyse data efficiently.
- Data manipulation within popular applications (SQL, R, Python).
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment with a quick turnaround time to meet client expectation.
- Good communication/ presentation skills being client facing – able to confidently present findings to senior business stakeholders.