Data Analyst/Report Writer
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Cape Town – Western Cape
A dynamic Communications Service Provider seeks a highly skilled, meticulous & self-driven Data Analyst who will also need to perform Report Writer duties, to expand its Development team in enhancing, expanding, and maintaining in-house applications and integrations. You will design, create, maintain and deploy Jasper Reports while assisting with application release testing efforts. The successful incumbent must possess a Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or Information Systems with 2 years’ work experience in SQL data investigations and daily report writing. You must also have exceptional SQL database design, querying and processing ability and be able to create and update reports utitilisng application tools like Jasper, Crystal and/or Birt and be familiar with Linux environments and have a solid understanding of REST / Web or Micro-services.
- Collaborate with stakeholders (mostly internal) for reporting requirements.
- Create and maintain user report specifications.
- Design, create, maintain and deploy Jasper Reports.
- Ad-hoc data investigations within the various application data models.
- Update and/or migrate data as the data models evolve.
- Assist with application release testing efforts.
- A Degree or Diploma in Information Systems or Computer Science.
- Minimum 2 years work experience working with SQL data investigations and report writing daily.
- Exceptional knowledge of SQL database design, querying and processing.
- Creating and updating reports using an application tool like Jasper, Crystal and/or Birt.
- Solid understanding of SDLC.
- A good understanding of application integrations using: REST / Web or Micro-services.
- Familiarity with Linux environments.
- Familiarity working with web-based applications.
- Meticulous with great attention to detail.
- Remain flexible, function under pressure, and maintain a positive attitude and work performance in a variety of circumstances.
- Ability to work as a collaborating team, but also independently.
- Take responsibility for staying up to date with the latest trends and developments.
- Willing and keen to share information.
- Good communication skills.
- Have a natural tendency to be self-driven and highly self-motivated with a sense of pride in their work.
- Shows initiative.
- Have an ability to grasp “big picture requirements” and work with changing requirements.
- A strong sense of integrity.
- Able to learn and apply new development tools quickly and efficiently.
- Be able to accept constructive criticism.