Data Analyst (JHB)
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Johannesburg – Gauteng
HELP discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data and assist in decision making as the next Data Analyst sought by a cutting-edge UK-based Tech Group to join its team. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insights and insights into business decisions; identifying potential process improvements and conducting ad hoc analysis including Scenario Modelling & Impact Analysis. You must possess any Microsoft Business Intelligence (MSBI) Certification (Non-negotiable), have 3+ years work experience with SQL Server databases & T-SQL, Advanced Excel (Pivot, VLOOKUP, etc.), SSRS and good Applied Statistics skills, such as Distributions, Statistical Testing, Regression, etc.
- Identify potential process improvements and areas within the business for the BI team to get involved.
- Prepare reports and presentations and derive business insights.
- Ad hoc analysis (Scenario Modelling, Impact Analysis etc.).
- Develop, test, and implement data driven (SQL) reports.
- Identify new process improvement opportunities.
- Analyse customer behaviour, market trends and demographics.
- Any Microsoft Business Intelligence (MSBI) Certification (Non-negotiable). (70-461: Querying Data with Transact-SQL advantageous)
- 3+ Years working experience with SQL Server databases and Transact-SQL.
- Advanced Excel (Pivot, VLOOKUP, etc.).
- Experience with SSRS.
- Database documentation experience.
- Project Management skills.
- Experience in building report models with visualisation tools (Power-BI advantageous).
- Good Applied Statistics skills, such as Distributions, Statistical Testing, Regression, etc.
- Machine Learning and Analytics experience advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.