Data Analyst (JHB) (Hybrid)
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Johannesburg – Gauteng
Our client, a leading management consulting firm that specializes in providing innovative solutions to clients in the Banking and Insurance industry, is seeking a Data Analyst with an Actuarial Background and experience with SQL and IFRS 17 to join their team. You will be responsible for supporting the implementation of IFRS 17, a new accounting standard for the insurance industry. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 4 years of experience in data analysis with an actuarial background and strong proficiency in SQL. The candidate must also have a proven track record of delivering high-quality solutions.
- Perform data analysis to support the implementation of IFRS 17.
- Develop and maintain SQL scripts to extract, transform, and load data.
- Support the development and implementation of actuarial models.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure successful implementation of IFRS 17.
- Support the documentation of technical solutions and processes.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and developments in IFRS 17 and related technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field.
- 4+ years of experience in data analysis with an actuarial background.
- Strong proficiency in SQL
- Familiarity with IFRS 17 or other accounting standards for the insurance industry.
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.