Cyber Security Pre-sales Engineer (DBN)
IT – Software Development ~ Media/Marketing/Sales
Durban – KwaZulu Natal
PROVIDE technical Pre-sales support to various entities for the purpose of promoting and selling products/services for potential customers and existing customers as the next Cyber Security Pre-sales Engineer urgently sought to join the Durban division of a dynamic Internet Service & Network Specialist. The ideal candidate must have good presentation and social skills – being able to communicate at a business level with IT Directors, IT staff and general users from the client base. You must have Matric/Grade 12 with a technical Certification in CheckPoint and/or Fortinet security products and have solid knowledge of Microsoft OS, Firewalls & SD-WAN, EDR, IPS/IDS, Communication protocols and have an understanding of IT infrastructure and networking.
- Participate in Pre-sales activities including, but not limited to –
- Conducting Proof of Concepts (PoC).
- Building BoQ’s.
- Developing commercial (pricing) models.
- Security designs.
- Writing proposals.
- Delivering product and solution specific presentations.
- Training, etc.
- Provide technical pre-sales support for the purpose of promoting and selling products/Solutions.
- Provide security engineering designs in all aspects of Security Solutions.
- Respond to customer requests for proposals, develop designs and bills of materials for cost-effective solutions.
- Engage with and maintain good relationships with relevant security vendors.
- Engage with customers as a trusted advisor, listening and understanding their challenges and requirement – both technical and business, and clearly articulate and communicate to the sales team, and document them.
- Matric / Grade 12.
- Technical (install and support) Certifications in either CheckPoint and/or Fortinet security products.
- Good knowledge of –
- Communication protocols
- Microsoft OS
- Firewalls and SD-WAN
- EDR, IPS/IDS
- Must have an understanding of IT infrastructure and networking.
- Good presentation and social skills.
- Analytical, structured and precise in their work with emphasis on attention to detail.
- Must be able to communicate at a business level with IT Directors, IT staff and general users from the client base.
- Positive, have a go-getter attitude and be prepared to work after hours.
- Strong planning skills.