Cyber Security Engineer (Centurion)
IT – Software Development ~ IT – Infrastructure
Pretoria/Centurion – Gauteng
THE technical expertise of a forward-thinking Cyber Security Engineer is sought by a dynamic Financial Security Regulator in Centurion to implement and manage security controls to prevent unauthorised access to data and
infrastructure and to protect against Cyber Security threats and attacks. You will also provide input into drafting and implementing security policies, participate in Penetration Testing while identifying and implementing solutions to help neutralize security vulnerabilities. The successful incumbent must possess a suitable IT Diploma or equivalent NQF 5 level qualification, have relevant Cybersecurity or IT Security Certification, a valid Cisco CCNA Certification & a Cloud Security Certification – such as, Security Administrator Associate, Microsoft Security, etc. You will need at least 3 years Cyber Security & Firewall Management work experience and 2 years Cloud Security and Vulnerability Management.
- Conduct reviews of all systems to ensure that effective IT (Information Technology) security controls consistent with policies are in place for each system.
- Advocate security and security practices throughout the organisation.
- Provide input into drafting and implementing security policies and procedures.
- Assist in planning and testing upgrades on all security-related infrastructure.
- Participate in Penetration Testing.
- Participate in IT Security awareness training on a regular basis.
- Identify and implement solutions to help neutralize security vulnerabilities.
- Monitor systems for irregular behaviour and set up preventive measures.
- Conduct research to identify attack vectors against the organisation.
- Assist with the Information Security plans to resolve gaps identified from audits, risk assessments or vulnerability scans.
- Review and analyse security alerts and vulnerability notices from vendors and other security sources.
- Participate in risk assessments of IT infrastructure and applications and make recommendations for improvements.
- Review and analyse security logs generated by security systems and recommend appropriate actions.
- Relevant IT Diploma or equivalent to NQF 5 qualification.
- Relevant Cybersecurity or IT Security Certification.
- Valid Cisco CCNA Certification.
- Cloud Security Certification – such as, Security Administrator Associate, Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals, Microsoft Security Operations Analyst.
Minimum 3 years’ experience:
- Cyber Security experience.
- Firewall Management experience.
Minimum 2 years’ experience:
- Cloud Security.
- Vulnerability Management.
- ITIL / COBIT Foundation Certification.
- Ethical Hacking.
- Digital Forensics.
- Any of the following certification (s) CRISC, CISM, CGEIT, CISSP, CCSP.
Analytical thinking – Identifies multiple elements of a problem and breaks down each of those elements in detail, showing causal relationships between them.
Problem Solving – Determines the cause of the problem; identifies, prioritise, and provide a solution and ability to implement a solution.
Attention to Detail – Able to accomplish or complete a task while demonstrating a thorough concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small.
Innovative Thinking – Ability to come up with new ideas and move away from traditional thought patterns.
Customer Service – Knows the customer’s business and/or seeks information about the underlying needs of the customer, beyond those expressed initially.
Flexibility – Decides how to do something based on the situation.
Impact and Influence – Adapts a presentation or discussion to appeal to the interest or level of others.
Organisational Commitment – Act to support the organisations mission and goals.
Commitment to professional learning – Keeps up to date with international trends that will have an impact on the field of expertise.
Teamwork – Publicly credits others who have performed well.
Achievement Orientation – Sets and works to meet challenging goals.
Initiative – Demonstrates the ability to anticipate and proactively manage all the variables involved, to ensure that critical opportunities for the centre are not missed.