Cyber Security Architect
IT – Software Development ~ IT – Infrastructure
Somerset West – Western Cape
LEAD technical customer engagements, architecture discussions and provide subject matter expertise as the next Cyber Security Architect sought by a fast-paced & innovative Financial Institution. You will own, analyse and architect the Cyber Security architecture in line with capability maturity models and roadmaps. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers to drive Cyber Security solutions.
Architect IT Security solutions and supporting infrastructure (physical / virtual infrastructure / cloud, operating systems and supporting software) in alignment with organisational goals and constraints –
- Manage Cyber Security Architecture by applying technical knowledge and customer insight:
- Create a modernisation roadmap and architect solutions to meet Cyber Security needs.
- Ensure technical viability of new projects and driving successful deployments in collaboration with the Agile teams.
- Orchestrate key resources and infuse key security controls and infrastructure technologies, in collaboration with the engineering teams within Infrastructure Services and Application Support Teams (e.g., Cloud, PaaS, IaaS, Data, Security, Digital, Mobile, ATM, Payments. Core Banking, SAP, BCDR, Monitoring etc.).
- Consult on Cyber Security solutions architecture.
- Document and own Cyber Security architecture and systems.
- Document and own Cyber Security architecture engagement prerequisites (initial and complete).
- Compile Cyber Security architecture policies.
- Compile Cyber Security architecture standards and best practices.
- Participate in root-cause analysis reviews when applicable.
Maintain and continuously improve the Cyber Security Architecture and its various solution components –
- Oversee the definition of the as-is and target Cyber Security Architecture across portfolios and coordinate the work to achieve and maintain these architectures by well documented and communicated architecture and technology roadmaps.
- Establish and continually improve Cyber Security Capability Maturity model (ROI, gaps, overlap, life cycle, IMACD) in line with strategic objectives.
- Identify and remediate any possible deficiencies and misalignment in Cyber Security Architecture and Security Solutions (capacity; adoption of Standards, patterns and Principles).
- Ensure the strategic alignment of the Cyber Security Architecture, Infrastructure architecture and Enterprise Architecture principles and objectives.
- Investigate strategic Cyber Security trends (including initiating and executing relevant proof of concepts) and provide feedback regarding the impact and alignment required.
- Integrate enterprise, business, technology and infrastructure solution architectures to deliver towards the agreed strategic outcome.
- Matric / Grade 12.
- 8+ Years general programming.
- 5+ Years application and component design.
- 2+ Years general IT Architecture.
- 2+ Years using Python, Go or Java.
- 5+ Years of success in consultative/complex technical deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects) required.
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure deployments in enterprise-wide environments required.
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives and growing data services in large or highly strategic accounts.
- Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior work experience in a designing and implementing enterprise applications.
- Secure network architecture, identity and access management principles, and application security principles.
- Design and deployment of highly available, enterprise-scale cloud infrastructure.
- Experience developing and delivering systems on at least one of the following Public Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure).
- Experience with authentication and Authorization technologies and protocols (LDAP, Kerberos, AD, OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML, PKI, LDAP).
- Hands on development experience in relation to automation, APIs, Front End systems.
- Developing with Go.
- Developing with Python.
- Experience working in a fast paced Agile/Scrum environment (Atlassian Stack).
- Object-Oriented design and development.
- Structured Design and Development.
- REST Services.
Ideal (incl. Min): Expert knowledge of: –
- SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) and/or ECA (Event Correlation and Analysis) Systems.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment.
- Experience with ELK or similar on Public Cloud Platforms.
- Knowledge of JSON templates, PowerShell, CLI’s, Shell, Python.
- Application instrumentation techniques in order to enhance operational control and reporting.
- Data integration patterns and techniques.
- Application integration patterns and techniques.
- Application and component development for Windows, Linux and Cloud.
- Understanding of Cloud Security technologies and best practices.
- Understanding of Networking in cloud environments.
- Strong design and hands on troubleshooting background on at least one of the following Public Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure).
- Security Principles, IT Security procedures and Best Practices.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management and developers).
- Architecting and designing Cyber Security and Related technologies.
- Ability to analyse a large number of requirements in order to identify the lowest level drivers behind them and to find the best architecture and design to solve each requirement.
- Planning and organising skills, Ability to create and document system or sub-system architectures and to communicate it to a large variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders using verbal and written skills.
- Team player, Ability to coach and mentor technical IT personnel.
- Able to create various application and platform integration options for a given application and to motivate which design would fit best in any given context.
- Can design and create test cases with targeted outcomes that are driven by solid architecture and design principles. This includes running these test cases, analysing its outcomes and adjusting the application architecture and design accordingly to ensure the desired outcomes are met.
- Ability to design and implement application instrumentation in order to enhance platform integration, operational control and operational reporting and alerting.
- Leadership skills, Ability to work and lead others under extreme pressure with very little or no guidance, but for own knowledge and experience.
- Very good communication skills (written and verbal) in English.
- Mature Consultation, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Detailed analytical, conceptual and diagnostic skills.
- Demonstrate initiative, proactive attitude and a continuous improvement mind set.