Cyber Security Architect (CPT Hybrid)
IT – Software Development ~ IT – Infrastructure
Stellenbosch – Western Cape
LEAD technical customer engagements, architecture discussions and provide subject matter expertise as the next Cyber Security Architect sought by a dynamic Financial Services provider. You will own, analyse and architect the Cyber Security architecture in line with capability maturity models and roadmaps while leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers to drive Cyber Security solutions. The successful incumbent will have Grade 12/Vocational Certificate, a suitable IT tertiary qualification and be ITIL Certified. You will have 8+ years’ General Programming & 5+ years’ success in consultative/complex technical deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects) required. You must also have proficiency with Python, Go or Java, AWS, Azure, REST and experience with DevOps and Authentication & Authorization technologies and protocols (LDAP, Kerberos, AD, OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML, PKI, LDAP).
- Grade 12 National Certificate / Vocational.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Information Technology.
- Certification in ITIL.
Minimum experience –
- 8+ Years’ experience in General Programming.
- 5+ Years’ experience in application and component design.
- 2+ Years general IT Architecture.
- 2+ Years using Python, Go or Java.
- Experience in designing and implementing enterprise application.
- Design and deployment of highly available, enterprise- scale cloud infrastructure.
- Experience developing and delivering systems on at least one of the following Public Cloud Platforms (i.e., AWS, Azure).
- Experience with Authentication and Authorization technologies and protocols (LDAP, Kerberos, AD, OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML, PKI, LDAP).
- Hands-on development experience in relation to automation, APIs, Front End systems.
- Experience working in a fast paced Agile/Scrum environment (Atlassian Stack).
- Experience working in a DevOps environment.
Expert knowledge of –
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure deployments in enterprise-wide environments required.
- 5+ Years of success in consultative/complex technical deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects) required.
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives and growing data services in large or highly strategic accounts.
- Secure network architecture, identity and access management principles, and application security principles.
- Security Principles, IT Security procedures and Best Practices.
- Design and deployment of highly available, enterprise-scale cloud infrastructure.
- Developing with Go & Python.
- Object-orientated design and development.
- Structured Design and Development.
- REST Services.
Ideal to have –
- 5+ Years’ experience in Microsoft and Linux Server Operating Systems.
- 2+ Years/proven experience in designing and deploying Cyber Security Solutions.
- 5+ Years’ experience in expert performance monitoring/analysis and capacity planning.
- 5+ Years using Python & Go.
- 2+ Years designing and deploying systems in Cloud environments (AWS).
- 2+ Years’ experience using the HashiCorp stack (Nomad, Vault, Consul, Terraform).
- Experience with ELK or similar on Public Cloud Platforms.
- SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) and/or ECA (Event Correlation and Analysis) systems.
- Application instrumentation techniques in order to enhance operational control and reporting.
- Data integration patterns and techniques.
- Application integration patterns and techniques.
- Application and component development for Windows, Linux and Cloud.
- Understanding of Cloud Security technologies and best practices.
- Understanding of Networking in cloud environments.
- Knowledge of JSON templates, PowerShell, CLI’s, Shell.
- Security Principles, IT Security procedures and best practices.
- Architecting and designing Cyber Security and related technologies.
- Able to work extended hours during periods of project implementation.
- Clear criminal and credit record.
- Attention to detail.
- Planning, organising and coordination skills.
- Communications skills.
- Consultation skills.
- Facilitation skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Influencing skills.