Customer Service Manager (Contact Centre)
Cape Town – Western Cape
ENSURE the operative and economic success of a dynamic Consultancy in Cape Town with a core focus on people, performance and quality seeking a strategic thinking & solutions-driven Customer Service Manager. You will ensure efficiency that staff have all the necessary tools, processes & systems in place, ensure that Profitability that maximum revenue is generated while ensuring campaigns meets/exceeds client expectations and SLAs. The ideal candidate will require 5 years proven 2nd Tier leadership / management experience in Call / Service Centre operations which includes detailed knowledge of processes and key performance indicators with proven experience and demonstrated ability to optimise team performance in a contact centre environment. You must also have expert Change Management skills with the ability to drive change across complex staffing populations.
Efficiency – Have all tools, processes, and systems in place, i.e., make sure that employees can do their jobs –
- Responsible for the planning and steering of the organisation with delegated authority by the SOM and in close cooperation with the central Workforce and Steering/Global Operations Unit.
- Oversee the provision of local workforce management support and services for the organisation.
- Analyse performance and quality delivery relative to applicable objectives and indicators and drive the establishment of necessary measures for improvement where needed.
- Establish appropriate controls to ensure accurate and timely reporting and effective performance/service analysis for both the organisation and operative personnel.
Profitability – Ensure that maximum revenue is generated –
- Responsible for staff planning (midterm and long-term optimization); identifies situations of over/under-staffing and initiates appropriate action to safeguard the continuous improvement of service level achievement.
- Assume responsibility for the coordination of new business initiatives across the (local) organisation together with Project Management representatives.
- Manage productivity, meets, and exceeds budgetary requirements.
Productivity – Ensure that campaigns meets/exceeds client expectations and SLA´s –
- Provide high level support to the SOM with market performance and analysis and the development of both immediate/short term and strategic solutions to optimize service delivery.
- Responsible for directing the performance of operative Team Leaders to ensure the consistent and stable delivery of time efficient and productive people outputs across the organisation. This includes (though is not limited to) the provision of performance planning, coaching, feedback, and the identification of training needs.
- In close cooperation with central ICT Unit, safeguard technical service delivery and system/functional reliability across the organisation.
- Engage in pro-active dialogue with leadership personnel regarding staffing issues (such as attrition) that may affect the organisation’s ability to achieve its goals and coordinates the development and implementation of appropriate action plans as required.
- Together with the SOM, prepare and implement strategic plans to secure long term success and the attainment of business objectives.
- Lead the development and implementation of activities and initiatives to strengthen people and performance in periods of irregularity (IRREG) in close cooperation with corporate functions.
- Work closely with the SOM to ensure overall development + growth of the (local) organisation including the meeting of service agreements and contractual requirements.
- Act for the SOM in periods of absence and/or as required.
- Other duties consistent with the position.
- 5 Years proven 2nd Tier leadership / management experience in Call / Service Centre operations which includes detailed knowledge of processes and key performance indicators.
- Proven experience and demonstrated ability to optimise team performance in a contact centre environment.
- Demonstrated leadership experience, including people management and development.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Workforce Management systems and principles.
- Substantial and broad experience with the implementation of Change Management.
- Project Management experience and the ability to drive project outcomes from end to end.
- Proficiency in English [fluency in another language (native speaker level) is desirable depending on the location].
- Highly developed leadership and people management skills with the ability to direct/coach and support people to achieve required outcomes.
- Planning skills and a results-driven approach.
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to write nonstandard correspondence and reports.
- Superb verbal communication skills, including the ability to deal effectively with a wide range of internal and external customers.
- Excellent internal customer service and interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain constructive working relationships across the organisation both locally and in partner offices worldwide.
- Strong advisory skills and the ability to make decisions based on sound judgment.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and to tight time frames.
- Excellent attention to detail and high-level analytical skill.
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent negotiation, coaching and conflict resolution skills.
- Empathy and sensitivity toward people issues.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.