Customer Service and Ecommerce Administrator (JHB)
Johannesburg – Gauteng
A fast-growing Logistics and E-commerce company in Joburg seeks a vibrant & passionate Customer Service and Ecommerce Administrator to join its online pet store offering. They not looking for order takers and script readers, but rather an individual who can engage with customers over the phone, personally in the showroom, and be able to think critically in the moment and have a genuine passion for helping others and of course, love pets. Your role will include daily handling of all customer & courier related queries via phone, email, Live Chat, WhatsApp and other social media channels, you will provide advice on the most suited products, organise website merchandising and updates as well as ensure the showroom is strikingly and fully merchandised. The ideal candidate must have 2-3 years Customer Service experience – any Ecommerce experience will prove beneficial, have strong selling skills for showroom & online shoppers and experience with Vet practice and/or pet industry products and nutrition.
- Daily handling of all customer and courier related queries with prompt resolution via phone, email, Live Chat, WhatsApp and social media channels.
- Engage directly with customers on a variety of topics ranging from best advice on products for their new pets, to problem solving when something didn’t go as planned.
- Research and problem-solve to determine appropriate solutions for customers, think proactively, and set follow-ups as needed to ensure contact resolution.
- Operate with understanding, utilise active listening, patience, empathy, and kindness to customers and team members alike.
- Day to day admin related tasks including product barcode catalogue maintenance, price comparisons, customer returns, courier tracking etc.
- Be an ambassador of the company by providing the friendly, professional, and high-end service.
- Ensure the showroom is strikingly, effectively, accurately, and fully merchandised.
- Liaise with the Web Content & Design team on website merchandising and effect updates.
- Must be passionate about pets.
- 2-3 Years Customer Service experience. (In an ecommerce environment is a bonus).
- Have strong selling skills and techniques for showroom and online shoppers.
- Vet practice and/or pet industry, products, and nutrition experience.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening).
- Ability to multi-task (e.g., maintain a conversation on the phone while navigating on the computer and taking notes) and perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands-on commitment to getting the job done.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Computer literate in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Be comfortable navigating web-based platforms.
- Must be fluent in English (other languages a bonus).
- Detail & deadline oriented.
- Team player.
- Good physical health.
- Flexible approach to working hours with a willingness and ability to respond to the seldom needs of the role outside normal office hours.
- Own transportation.