Cape Town – Western Cape
LEAD tech teams to deliver product and business solutions while contributing to formulating technical strategy & vision as your expertise as a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) is sought by a Specialist in LegalTech. You will also ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with Regulatory requirements, Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Framework and internal the bank’s Policies and Policy Standards. You will also be expected to understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role. The successful incumbent must possess a BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience including 15+ years technology experience with 10+ years (Technical/Managerial) experience at senior organisational levels. You will also require the proven ability to leverage technical metrics to drive effective business decisions & a demonstrated track-record of delivering well-engineered products with modern technologies for a variety of different problem domains.
- Establish and drive the company’s technical strategy and vision and ensure it is aligned with and informs the overall strategy and vision of the business.
- Partner with the business to look at creating value using technology.
- Work with Business/Product Strategy to stay up to date with business/product direction and to anticipate long lead-time technology needs.
- Participate as a member of the Exco team to establish governance processes and controls, and give direction, to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed, and resources are used responsibly.
- Accountable for the quality of technical solutions through adherence to best practices and code management methodologies.
- Motivate and inspire the Technical and Operations teams towards greater levels of innovation and excellence. Additional responsibilities include development of leaders to build senior leadership bench strength and shaping organisational culture.
Product Development –
- Lead the product development organisation in developing strategies and delivering products/systems aligned with market needs and competitive landscape in support of the Business Unit’s strategy.
- Implement leading development practices such as Continuous Delivery, trunk-based development.
- Provide consultancy leadership, and support deployment of Software Engineering best practices.
- Accountable for the in-house infrastructure and hosting solution strategy to support all business needs + overall DR activities.
- Lead an ongoing program to compare, select and implement or upgrade technologies and infrastructure for use by the business and coordinate the risk-benefit evaluation of current and future alternatives.
- Ensure all infrastructure processes, tasks etc. are documented and up to date and a communication structure is maintained.
- Plan for the evolution of the Business Unit systems, including the retirement and replacement of existing systems.
- Develop, approve, and execute the organisational capital and expense budget.
- Deliver yearly cost savings through BPR and RPA.
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required; Advanced Degree preferred.
- 15+ Years of technology experience.
- 10+ Years (Technical/Managerial) experience at senior organisational levels.
- Prior senior management and/or exco experience within a medium-to-large corporate.
- Proven expert in partnering with and leading internal and external technology resources in solving complex business needs.
- Proven expertise and experience applying industry best practices in all aspects of development.
- Proven ability to leverage technical metrics to drive effective business decisions.
- Demonstrated track-record of delivering well-engineered products with modern technologies for a variety of different problem domains.
- Strong knowledge of architectural principles., technical expertise in design, development, and data warehousing.
- Good understanding of automated deployment experience principles and build pipelines.
- Strong communication skills – you’ll be sharing the results of analyses and discussing technical problems with the team.
- Proven knowledge and experience in project planning and management tools to manage project progress, budget, and scope.
- Excellent organisation/project planning, time management, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments.
External Interaction –
- Nonexecutive board members
Internal Interaction –
- Senior Division executives
- LNSA Sales Director’s
- Managers and senior professionals
- Excellent skills in setting, communicating, implementing, and achieving business objectives and goals through the direct management of others.
- Excellent delegation skills involving prioritizing and reprioritizing projects and managing projects of various size and complexity.
- Excellent problem-solving experience involving leading teams in identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project issues; prior success extracting/translating findings into alternatives/solutions; and identifying risks/impacts and schedule adjustments to facilitate management decision making.