Credit Risk/Snr Collections Analyst
Cape Town – Western Cape
A self-driven Credit Risk/Snr Collections Analyst who utilises data-driven techniques to find strategic opportunities is sought by a fast-growing leading Retail Group to join its Financial Services division. You will be expected to effectively influence key business partners to implement strategies and forecast the movements in cost of risk on the portfolio. The ideal candidate must have a strong ability to translate data into a story, be able to make recommendations based on findings with a Masters/Honours Degree in Statistics/Mathematics/Operations Research or Engineering and hands-on experience of large-scale customer database data interrogation and manipulation through Statistical/Data Management software packages (SAS/SQL).
Support Senior Managers in both the Credit Risk & Operations teams to –
- Use internal and external data and reporting to suggest strategic and tactical initiatives within the outsourced collections environment.
- Formulate and present findings to peers and executive team.
- Drive implementation of new initiatives, utilising controlled A/B Testing to quantify benefits and impacts to the business.
- Comfortably deal with internal and external stakeholders, to ensure that analytical output is aligned with current and future stakeholder needs.
- Can model/forecast components of the financial performance of the business unit, based on portfolio trends, initiatives and outside market trends.
Stakeholder Management –
- Identify, develop and maintain key relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Clearly document the business requirements of projects presented to the Senior Stakeholders and Executives.
- Liaise and manage internal relationships between departments in order to manage the implementation of proposed solutions.
Insights and Portfolio Management Reporting –
- Ensure Senior Managers have access to the information they require in a format that is appropriate and useful.
- Production and development of portfolio quality and benchmarking reports.
- Ad-hoc and deep-dive analyses relating to portfolio performance, legislative changes, shock events and operational breakages.
- Preparation of weekly/monthly presentations and reports on business performance indicators.
Data Modelling and Forecasting –
- Ensure appropriate Statistical methodology and Data Mining / Analytics techniques are applied to any modelling process to deliver and deploy robust and effective models where necessary.
- Data Mining of Credit Bureau and other external data to provide insights and trends.
- Able to predict and forecast outcomes from data analysis and models, with the ability to detect variance to expectations in order to react appropriately when necessary.
- A Degree in a numerate discipline, preferably Statistics / Mathematics / Operations Research / Engineering (Honours / Masters Degree preferable).
- Hands-on experience of large-scale customer database data interrogation and manipulation through Statistical/Data Management software packages (SAS/SQL).
- Ability to build analytical models that predict future outcomes, and the ability to communicate the workings of these models to business stakeholders in clear, easily understood language.
- Knowledge of the Credit industry and Credit life cycle management is preferred.
- Excellent data interpretation and presentation skills.
- Good strategic and conceptual abilities.
- Advanced problem solving, judgment and self-management skills.
- Be numerate with a strong commitment to the improvement of the Credit Risk strategy.
- A good team player.