Credit Risk Analyst
Cape Town – Western Cape
INVESTIGATE data integrity issues, perform statistical analysis, and support risk decisions as the next Credit Risk Analyst sought by a dynamic Financial Services Group. You will make a critical contribution to the Credit Risk Division by providing information and analytical support for the effective monitoring and control of risk exposure for a suite of consumer lending portfolios. The ideal candidate will have strong commercial acumen with the ability to interpret data and communicate this to and influence key stakeholders. You must possess a Bachelor’s tertiary qualification in Commerce/Science/Humanities with a focus on Statistics/IT/Economics/Maths or similar, have 2-3 years’ work experience in a similar role including preparation of data-driven credit policy recommendations, data manipulation & analysis using SAS, SQL or other data analytical tools and the ability to compile reports based on the information retrieved and analysed.
- Develop and analyse application and account management strategy changes.
- Present analysis via reports and presentations, outline findings and make recommendations to business unit management.
- Align Risk Reporting to meet the requirements of shareholders.
- Assist with the implementation of new ideas.
- Perform standard and ad-hoc statistical analysis to support risk decisions.
- Forecast and monitor credit market trends using statistical techniques.
- Investigate data integrity issues, test assumptions, and validate analytical results, ensuring accuracy and sensitivity of findings.
- Oversee the implementation of strategy changes to live decisioning systems.
- A Bachelor’s qualification in Commerce, Science, or Humanities with a focus on Statistics, IT, Economics, Mathematics, or similar is preferred.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in the following:
- Credit risk analysis on lending products.
- Preparation of data-driven credit policy recommendations for senior management.
- Data manipulation and analysis using SAS, SQL, or other data analysis tools.
- Experience compiling reports based on information retrieved and analysed.
- Strong ability to interpret data, communicate this to and influence key stakeholders.
- Bad debt provisioning techniques.
- Business acumen.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid planning and organisation.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Expert attention to detail and commitment to delivery is vital.
- High accuracy and quality of output data.
- Professional communication skills and ability to interact at all levels.