Conveyancing Secretary (DBN)
Durban – KwaZulu Natal
A highly meticulous & analytical Conveyancing Secretary with a data-driven approach to problem-solving is sought by a dynamic Durban based Financial Services company. You will support various UK Conveyancing campaigns, attending to conveyancing matters being registered in the UK within a range of scenarios including (end-to-end conveyancing services, post-completion matters, freehold property reports, and ad hoc matters). Primary responsibilities include reviewing property information packs, attending to property searches and title checks, preparation of property reports, and attending to Registry requisitions for completing registration. The role holder will need to possess good communication skills for constant liaising with clients and other stakeholders. You will also require Matric/Grade 12, a minimum of 1 year experience in SA Conveyancing – specifically registration of residential transfers and 1 year Legal/Property industry experience (gained in a law firm).
- Undertake end-to-end conveyancing processes for UK clients.
- Title checking and prepare interim and final property reports.
- Verification and compliance checks.
- Liaise with client firms and other stakeholders regarding matters.
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters.
- Good planning to ensure daily/weekly tasks and reports are completed.
- Identify and track HMLR requisitions for reporting and commentary to internal and external stakeholders.
- Deliver on all client and agreed targets, client SLAs.
- Provide continuous improvement insights and reports.
- Research UK legal concepts, rules and regulations.
- Work effectively in a high-pressure environment and ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Work with peers to share best practices and available resources.
- Matric / Grade12.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in South African Conveyancing, specifically registration of residential transfers.
- Minimum 1 year Legal/Property industry experience – (gained in a law firm).
- Ideally working knowledge of the conveyancing process in the UK market.
- Experience of working in either a contact centre or processing operations environment ideally supporting UK clients (ideally).
- A credible and methodical person motivated by exceeding targets with good quality of work.
- Able to understand legal concepts and outwork them in a systematic way to produce high volume workflow.
- Through regular reporting, will continuously identify areas for improvement.
- Ability to work within a team, under pressure and to prioritize tasks to maximize opportunities.
- Analytical and data driven approach to problem solving.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Time Management skills.
- Planning skills.
- Data capturing, analysis and reporting.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to prioritise work effectively.