Commercial Lead (Collections)
Durban – KwaZulu Natal
Our client is an innovative Financial Services Provider, with an approach to business that is outside the box and sometimes viewed as unconventional. Proudly different, and not for everyone. Empowering, transformation, wellness, strong and healthy mindsets and striving for the absolute best, lie at the centre of the company ethos. They choose to work only with people who are committed to continuous learning, and who are willing to step far outside of what they know and who want to grow and develop to their highest potential.
Does this sound like you? Fantastic! Please read on…
A Durban-based Financial Services Provider seeks the next Commercial Lead in their Collections Department to support the head of collections in ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of the group collections strategy. Your role will include financial modelling, reviewing financial and collections information, generating reports and recommendations, as well as informing the collections strategy. The ideal candidate must be a qualified CA/CIMA with 1-3 years of post-article experience, must have commercial acumen and strong data-analytical skills, and must be able to implement solutions.
Support the Collections executive with both financial and commercial responsibilities of the department which include:
- Financial modelling
- Review of financial and other relevant collections information.
- Generating of reports and recommendations
- Deep diving and analysis of financial & commercial collections information
- Preparation of business cases
- Collections strategy (short, medium and long term).
- Increase the Success Rate (Effectiveness) while maintaining a balance of the costs (Efficiency)
- Understand and continually evolve the payment profiler rules
- Provide insights around the quality of the Book with regards to the collections strategy
- Qualified CA (SA) and or CIMA with between 1 to 3 years of post-articles experience
- Qualification in Data analytics/science is advantageous
- Commercial acumen
- Critical thinking
- Ability to work with detailed data, be able to see the bigger picture and develop insights & recommendations
- Ability to implement solutions (Project management)
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to be hands on when required
- Willing to ask questions, challenge the status quo and accept feedback