Collections Supervisor (JHB)
Finance/Admin ~ Legal
Johannesburg – Gauteng
BUILD and lead a team and assist with collections and processes of the Sales Force of a dynamic Brand Specialist in Joburg seeking its next Collections Supervisor. The ideal candidate must preferably have a tertiary commercial qualification (B Com or similar), proven management experience and passionate about empowering others as well as department productivity, have a good understanding of law and legal process relevant to collections and credit granting, strong Project Management & excellent Microsoft Excel and Word. Any ability to communicate in several SA languages will prove hugely beneficial.
Build and manage an Internal Sales Force Collections Team to assist our Sales Force –
- Collect any outstanding and overdue amounts owing for product sold.
- Resolve payment related disputes between Sales Force members.
- Enhance Sales Force credit granting policies and processes.
- Better understand credit granting and collection policies and process.
Assist to build the Sales Force Collections team-
- Design ideal department structure.
- Assist to build relevant job specifications for members of the team.
- Interview and hire appropriate team members.
Develop and implement Sales Force credit granting and collection policies and processes –
- Develop Sales Force credit granting rules and guidelines (for example Consultant credit limits).
- Define and develop the supporting documents required to assist with credit collection matters for example Letters of demand, payment arrangements etc.
- Design and document appropriate internal credit collection processes.
Manage the relationship between the Company and external Collection Consultants –
- Monitor the proper functioning of the online collection platform.
- Ensure unresolved outstanding balances are promptly handed over to Collection Consultants for collection at the appropriate time.
- Monitor progress made with collection matters handed over.
- Assess the merits of proceeding legally on collection matters.
- Measure and manage collection performance.
Manage the Collection team’s performance –
- Design a system of KPI’s to measure the performance of the Collection team.
- Monitor and measure the quality and quantity of collection interactions between the Collections team and collection debtors.
- Motivate the Collections team.
- Oversee the daily activities of the Collections team.
- Provide ongoing training and support to the Collections team.
Engage with the Sales Force on collection matters and managing the collections team’s interactions with the Sales Force –
- Collect relevant background information for each collection matter.
- Assess the merits and facts of each collection matter.
- Assist to resolve disputes and entering payment arrangements where required.
- Provide training to Sales Force members on credit granting policies and processes.
- Provide feedback with progress on collection matters to relevant Sales Force members.
Ensure weekly collections reports are developed and distributed to the business timeously.
- Relevant tertiary commercial qualification (B Com or similar) would be favourable.
- A good understanding of law and legal process relevant to collections and credit granting.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Proven management experience and are passionate about empowering others as well as department productivity.
- Ability to communicate in multiple South African languages will be an advantage.
- Strategic thinker.
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills (both verbally and written).
- Deadline driven.
- Customer focused relationship builder, naturally grounded, calm, resilient and thrive under pressure.
- Your superpower is your ability to handle difficult and emotionally charged client interactions and help find solutions where there is disagreement.
- Able to influence and manage a dynamic team whilst maximising the talents of the team and leading from the front.
- Hold yourself and others accountable.
- Excellent attention to detail, and the ability to switch between the big picture and day to day operations.
- Highly organized and methodical way of working.
- Think outside the box, a problem solver and solution finder, proactive, use initiative to develop and improve existing processes.
- You are resilient, gets things done in a fast-paced environment, adaptable to change.