IT – Infrastructure
Cape Town – Western Cape
An innovative Payment Gateway Platform seeks a highly skilled Cloud Engineer to take on a technical hands-on role delivering cloud infrastructure components as a service to the internal application teams using cutting edge technology stacks and DevOps/SRE principles. The successful incumbent must be proficient in at least 2 of the following: Bash, Perl/Python, Java, Golang, C++, PHP, have demonstrated knowledge of AWS, Azure/Google Cloud (IaaS, PaaS & SaaS), deep expertise in containers (Docker, Kubernetes), solid skills in TCP/IP, LDAP, IPSec, HTTP, gRPC, DHCP, and DNS, proven ability in automated infrastructure provisioning (Terraform, ARM templates, CloudFormation), strong Linux, Windows, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Prometheus, Elastic Stack, PagerDuty.
- Architect, build and operate cloud infrastructure platforms.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Automate processes and eliminate toil.
- Establish service level objectives and track service level indicators.
- Build observability and alerting capabilities to meet SLAs.
- Optimize, scale, and build resiliency into the platforms.
- Build self-service capabilities for application teams (CI/CD, monitoring dashboards).
- Develop libraries, tools and automation code.
- Share knowledge within the team and across the organisation.
- Be part of open-source communities and contribute code to upstream repositories.
- Proficiency in at least two of the following: Bash, Perl/Python, Java, Golang, C++, PHP
- Demonstrated knowledge of AWS, Azure or Google Cloud (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS).
- Deep expertise in containers and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Proven ability in automated infrastructure provisioning (Terraform, ARM templates, CloudFormation).
- Solid understanding of networking concepts, technologies, and protocols (TCP/IP, LDAP, IPSec, HTTP, gRPC, DHCP, and DNS).
- Experienced in setting up monitoring, log aggregation and alerting (Prometheus, Elastic Stack, PagerDuty).
- Strong skills in deployment and configuration automation (Ansible, Chef, Puppet).
- In-depth Linux and Windows OS troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.