Cloud Engineer (JHB)
Johannesburg – Gauteng
BUILD out and maintain resilient, scalable, cost effective and high performing Cloud solutions as your technical expertise as a Cloud Engineer is sought by the Joburg division of a fast-paced & innovative Financial Institution. Your role will entail the design and deployment of highly available, enterprise-scale Cloud infrastructure including developing and delivering systems on AWS Platforms. The successful candidate must have a relevant tertiary qualification in IT/Systems Engineering/IT Engineering, have 5+ years’ experience in Infrastructure, Software Development & DevOps, 3+ years designing and implementing enterprise-scale Cloud infrastructure & 2+ years’ AWS. You must also have worked with CI/CD tools, LDAP, Kerberos, AD, OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML, Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation, SDDLC and IaC.
- A relevant post-graduate qualification in Information Technology – Systems Engineering or Information Technology – IT Engineering.
- 5+ Years’ experience in Infrastructure, Software Development, DevOps.
- 3+ Years design and implementation of highly available, enterprise-scale Cloud infrastructure.
- 2+ Years in AWS.
- Introducing Cloud Technology (start-up) in an environment – processes, principles etc.
- Design and hands-on troubleshooting background on AWS Platform (Azure or GCP will be advantageous).
- Working in a DevOps environment.
- Developing and supporting infrastructure and Cloud capabilities for micro services-based architectures.
- Experience working with CI/CD tools.
- With authentication and Authorization technologies and protocols (LDAP, Kerberos, AD, OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML).
- Experience working with scripting and provisioning tools like Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation or equivalent.
- Advanced knowledge of infrastructure concepts, technologies and patterns. (SDLC, IaC).
- Practical, working knowledge of:
- Supporting and enhancing build and release processes through automation using a combination of processes and existing tools.
- Understanding of Cloud Security technologies and best practices.
- Understanding of Networking in Cloud environments.
- Clear criminal and credit record.
- A valid driver’s license and own vehicle is required.
Ideal to have –
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology – Systems Engineering or Information Technology – IT Engineering.
- Experience in a Financial Services or a Banking organisation.
- Infrastructure Security.
- Experience in engineering data pipelines using Big Data technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Storm, etc.
- ELK, New Relic or similar on Public Cloud Platforms.
- Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience working in a fast paced Agile/Scrum environment (Atlassian Stack).
- Understanding of modern software engineering patterns, including those used in highly scalable, distributed, and resilient systems.
- Knowledge of JSON templates, PowerShell, CLI’s, Shell, Python.
- Deciding and initiating action.
- Relating and networking.
- Presenting and communicating information.
- Learning and research.
- Creating and innovating.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations.
- Applying expertise and technology.
- Adapting and responding to change.