Chef (Live In)
Cape Town – Western Cape
OUR client, a beautiful Nature Reserve has an exciting opportunity for a young & passionate Chef with a passion for Fine Dining to join its live-in staff. You will help plan and execute menus while managing ingredients and ensuring superb food quality and adherence to all relevant Health, Safety & Hygiene standards. You must be Certified in Culinary Arts and possess a Kitchen Health & Safety Certificate. You will require a minimum of 5 years’ experience working for a 5-star establishment with preferably 2-5 years’ experience as a Sous Chef or Chef de Cuisine. You need to be able to do cold, hot, pastries and cater for Dietary requirements including Lactose intolerant, Allergies, Gluten-free, Kosher, Diabetics, Banting, etc. All applicants will be expected to present a Food portfolio.
- Plan and execute menus in collaboration with other colleagues.
- Always ensure adequacy of supplies.
- Place orders in a timely manner.
- Manage ingredients that should be frequently available on a daily basis.
- Follow the directions of the Head Chef.
- Suggest new ways of presentation of dishes.
- Suggest new rules and procedures for optimizing the cooking process.
- Give attention productivity of the kitchen such as speed and food quality.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health, Safety and Hygiene standards.
- Collaborate with other colleagues and seniors.
- Certificate in Culinary Arts.
- Certificate in Kitchen Health & Safety.
- At least 5 years’ experience at a 5-star property.
- Preferably 2-5 years’ experience as a Sous Chef or Chef de Cuisine.
- Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, tools and processes.
- Must be innovative and up to date with the latest healthy food trends. Able to cater for Dietary requirements (Lactose intolerant, Gluten-free, Allergies, Kosher, Diabetics, Banting, etc.).
- Be able to do cold, hot and pastries.
- Knowledge of best and latest cooking practices.
- Food portfolio required.
- Dedicated, professional and a team player.
- Ability to multitask.
- Able to work efficiently under pressure.
- Great time management skills.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.