Cheesery Production Manager (Franschhoek)
Cape Town – Western Cape
HELP grow and improve the production capabilities of an award-winning Water Buffalo cheese as your expertise as a Cheesery Production Manager is sought by our client, nestled in the picturesque wine valley of Franschhoek. Your role will entail managing a diverse category of products and all-inclusive responsibilities of Dairy production including managing budgets, initiating marketing and the strategic planning and managing of operational projects. The ideal candidate will have a passion for production, efficiency and management, plus strong attention to quality. You will require a suitable tertiary qualification with 3-5 years’ experience including strong and demonstrable management experience, Project Management, Process Optimisation & a creative approach to tackling daily challenges with a strong sense of ambition to solve issues and ensure targets are met.
- Manage various product categories and all-inclusive responsibilities of Dairy production.bx
- Manage budgets and financial targets.
- Initiate marketing actions of relevant products.
- Oversee daily operational functions including, but not limited to, supply chain, inventory, production, forecasting, quality, food safety, production process and maintenance.
- Strategically plan and manage operational projects.
- Manage production teams on site and liaise with Head of Production and Development regarding facilities.
- Focus on continuous improvement.
- Focus on upscaling.
- Ensure exceptional quality and timely production of all products.
- Initiate and support new product development.
- Identify and implement growth strategies.
- Ensure that the company culture is upheld.
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- At least 3–5 years’ total work experience, including strong and demonstrable management experience.
- Proven Project Management skills.
- Data-driven decision-making abilities.
- Experience in Process Optimisation.
- Passion for operations and organisation performance.
- Creative approach to day-to-day challenges and a strong sense of ambition to solving issues and achieving targets.
- Fluent in Afrikaans and English, with exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Experience within a food production environment; Gelato experience.
- Fresh Produce knowledge.
- Firm grasp of managing live milking shed to production.