Change Manager – Projects (12-Month Contract) (CPT/JHB)
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ Johannesburg – Gauteng
YOUR innovative approach to problem-solving and understanding of corporate policy framework, management structures and reporting procedures with the ability to see the “big picture” is sought by an Energy Company in Cape Town to fill the role of a Change Manager with a focus on projects. You will be responsible for delivery of IT and Business specific change requirements for multiple projects into various Lines of business within the organisation (primarily Finance). You will also build and deliver change management plans ensuring that business resources are upskilled appropriately to perform their roles You must have at least 5 years’ relevant Change Management experience with a proven delivery track record, backed up by a certification in support of your role. A candidate with broad SAP knowledge is preferred. Please note this is a 12-Month Contract with a view to renew. You can be based in Cape Town (preferable) OR Johannesburg, with 3 days in the office in CPT or JHB.
Change Management –
- Identify and analyse the change impact for the overall project.
- Develop and implement best practices for change management on the change project.
- Build a close working relationship with project leads to assess the pending changes and impact to stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver organisational change management plans (including training) and communication strategies.
- Partner with key stakeholders to communicate the change and the benefits.
- Focus on communicating role changes to business processes, systems and technology.
- Work to drive faster adoption, greater utilisation and higher proficiency regarding the changes impacting employees.
- Develop the integrated change strategy and plan.
- Develop and execute the communications plan.
- Ensure that a learning plan is developed and delivered.
- Identify the change agent network, on-board change agents as required.
- Execute on the change strategy and plans.
- Measure the effectiveness of change interventions on a continuous basis and through the change agent network take corrective actions.
- Ensure that stakeholders execute on their roles in the change plan.
- Ensure that post-go live support is available.
- Identify, manage and mitigate change management risks and issues.
Benefits Management –
- Works with the business to undertake post-project implementation reviews to measure change management successes and learnings.
Key Challenges –
- Ensuring stakeholders are kept engaged and informed throughout the delivery of the project.
- Keeping project scope changes to a minimum.
- Drive accurate budget estimation and ensuring that actual spend is within 10% or managed via appropriate project management controls.
- Delivering projects and milestones within agreed timeframes.
- Managing resources across multiple geographies.
- Preferably educated to Degree level, likely in an information technology specialty or holds a professional qualification.
- Has a Change Management and/or Project Management Qualification.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Change Management and Change Delivery.
- Has proven, relevant experience of the implementation and delivery of changes to IT systems including, but not limited to ERP systems (SAP) and associated technologies (Oil & Gas a plus).
- Has proven knowledge and experience of the software development life cycle and how this translates to the change delivery framework.
- Has proven leadership skills, and a good knowledge of change analysis processes.
- Broadly skilled in information and communications technology. Has a comprehensive knowledge of relevant development life cycles.
- Understands the corporate policy framework, management structures and reporting procedures, and can see the “big picture”.
- Has strong planning, communication and presentation skills.
- Has an analytical and creative approach to problem solving.