Change Manager (12 Month Contract)
IT – Manager
Cape Town – Western Cape
A reputable Retail Group is looking for a Change Manager, I.T. to join their team. The candidate will be responsible for delivery of IT specific change requirements for multiple projects, input into change management plans and interventions to shift IT teams to new ways of working, work with the IT Project Manager to ensure that the IT Project team is onboarded and trained, and business resources are upskilled appropriately, work with the Change Lead to create engagement plans and material across the entire project, specific focus on creation and execution of communication plans. This is a 12-month contract position based in Cape Town. You must have at least 5 years relevant Change Management experience and a relevant 3-year tertiary or NQF aligned qualification.
- Understand IT stakeholders and create stakeholder impact matrices.
- Bring all IT stakeholders on board to new ways of working with new technology (not only teams directly impacted)
- Challenge company’s IT teams to shift mindset to one of learning / thinking about the future (Future-fit mindset). This includes the IT leadership team.
- Create an understanding of the effectiveness of an agile way of working.
Facilitate Team and Line Management Discussions: -Manage Team Transformation:
- Analysis of people impact of changes to processes and ways of working in line with a data-driven organisation.
- Create and change plans to manage the people impacts.
- Set up and manage a training and upskilling plan for IT resources.
- Ensure operational/business readiness with IT Business Champion and Sponsor.
- Manage resistance and barriers to change.
- Work with project transformation team to deliver integrated engagement and communication across the business.
- Provide an IT engagement plan as input into broader project engagement plan.
- Work with IT team to shape key messages and comms appropriate for stakeholders.
- Create IT communication that is relevant to specific stakeholders (Integrated with broader engagement)
- Set up and manage IT ‘show and tell’ forum.
- Set up and manage go-live communication and channels with IT PM.
Onboard New Project Resources:
- Facilitate the onboarding of new resources with project context and ensure Line Managers provide IT context.
- Work with the PM to set expectations and boundaries of project for new resources, plus where to go for help.
- Identify risks and opportunities and create mitigation strategies.
- All change documentation relevant to the IT change are set up and maintained.
- Integrate with Demand Project Transformation workstream.
- Status/Change reporting
- At least 5 years relevant Change Management experience.
- Relevant 3-year tertiary or NQF aligned qualification.
- Previous experience of working within IT transformation projects.
- Understanding of agile methodologies.
- Relevant retail industry experience an advantage.
- Stakeholder and Impact Analysis.
- Change Planning.
- Proactive Risk and Issue Management.
- Attention to detail and working to deadlines essential.
- Strong facilitation and communication skills at multiple stakeholder levels.