CEO / CIO (Data)
Cape Town – Western Cape
A dynamic Consolidator of all Tech and Data Services has an exciting opportunity for a CEO/CIO (Data) who has a passion for Data, Analytics, AI, and Software Development. Your core role will be to lead the Data and Technology team and drive the global group-wide strategy. You will further be expected to coordinate the integration of various software systems and work with teams across business units and countries to enable data-based solutions, improve business processes, and ensure data-driven decision-making. The successful incumbent must possess a Degree in Data Science/Stats/Engineering or Computer Science, have extensive relevant work experience including having built a data strategy and subsequent project execution including Data Science and AI applications and have managed technology project and experience with Product Development. You must be familiar with CRM software including HubSpot and Salesforce and have advanced Tableau, Power BI, GA, Python, MATLAB, pandas and exposure to GDPR/POPIA and its implementation across all business aspects.
- A Degree in an appropriate field of study: Data Science, Statistics, Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Substantial experience in relevant fields, including Data, Analytics, Data Science, Software Development, and/or Engineering.
- Experience in people management or leadership.
- Familiar with CRM software (e.g., HubSpot, Salesforce)
- Advanced understanding of BI and analytics tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI, GA).
- Familiar with Data Science tools and programming languages (e.g., R, Python, MATLAB, pandas) and database languages.
- Knowledge of data pipelines and data integrations.
- Proven experience of building a data strategy and subsequent project execution, including Data Science and AI applications.
- Experience of managing technology projects and Product Development.
- Ability to identify and communicate value-adding and data-driven insights to influence marketing, e-commerce, and wider business decisions.
- Exposure to GDPR/POPIA and implementation thereof across all business aspects.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- Experience in eCommerce.
- Must be able to take initiative and be creative.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation.