CAD Drafter (Mech/Elec Engineering)
Cape Town – Western Cape
SUPPORT Engineering teams in performing CAD design tasks and strictly follow processes and standards to release technical information to customers as the next CAD Drafter sought by a fast-paced Engineering Solutions Specialist in Durbanville. You will require an internationally recognized or SA Matric – Grade 12/NQF Level 5, an accredited technical qualification (Min 2 years) and 2-5 fulltime 3D and 2D CAD experience, post qualification, in any mid-to-high-end CAD Software (Solid works, Solid Edge, Siemens, Creo, Inventor). You will also require strong Mathematical ability, proficiency with Advanced Excel and experience to the Manufacturing process including Welding, Sheetmetal, Pipe bending & Harness manufacturing.
- Design and integrate mechanical or electro-mechanical equipment.
- 3D CAD design of sheet metal components, formed piping, hose routing etc.
- Create 2D manufacturing drawings that includes tolerance assignment, welding symbols, GD&T.
- Create complex CAD assemblies of systems, layout/assembly drawings.
- Setup bills of materials.
- Internationally recognized or South African Matric (Grade 12/NQF Level 5).
- Recognized industry technical qualification (2yrs minimum duration).
- Two to Five full-time 3D and 2D CAD experience, post qualification, in any mid-to-high-end CAD Software (Solid works, Solid Edge, Siemens, Creo, Inventor).
- Be able to show relevant experience in: Manufacturing process exposure (Welding, Sheetmetal, Pipe bending, Harness manufacturing).
- Excellent Mathematics.
- Computer literacy with advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Previous experience in the design and integration of automotive components and a sound knowledge of Siemens NX.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong task management.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good written and verbal communication (English).