C# Developer (DevExpress) (PTA)
IT – Software Development
Pretoria/Centurion – Gauteng
A Customised Software Solutions Provider in Pretoria seeks the coding talents of a dynamic C# Developer design, implement & test software solutions that result in compelling, easy to use products. You will also be expected to elicit requirements from clients and communicate to the Development team while helping with testing, QA and project scoping while actively managing project execution. The ideal candidate will require 3-5 years’ experience as a Software Developer, experience with .NET WinForms Development, specifically C#, 3-5 years’ experience developing data-driven applications, experience with SQL Server, Entity Framework & familiarity with Architecture styles/API (REST) and a history of working successfully in small innovative software teams, and a flexible, upbeat approach to working with colleagues. Please note the role is office based. Must be proficient in English and Afrikaans (speak, understand and write).
- Understand how the Group’s applications operate, are structured, and how customers use them.
- Elicit requirements from clients and communicate to the Development team.
- Assist project scoping, provide priorities for implementation and actively manage project execution.
- Assist with testing and quality assurance.
Develop software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow / data usage / work processes, investigating and resolving problem areas –
- Develop features across multiple subsystems within applications, including collaboration in requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing and implementation.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Provide support when building, deploying, configuring and supporting systems for customers.
Maintain and support current and future systems –
- Provide information by collecting, analysing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis, recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Investigate, analyse and make recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications to production systems.
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and training manuals.
- Provide training on new functionality, either directly to the user or to the Data Coordinator.
- 3-5 Years’ proven experience as a Software Developer, experience with .NET WinForms Development, specifically C#.
- 3-5 Years’ experience developing data-driven applications utilizing significant relational database engines as part of the overall application architecture.
- Entity Framework (code-first).
- Familiarity with Architecture styles/API (REST).
- Valid driver’s license and own vehicle.
- Must be proficient in English and Afrikaans (speak, understand and write).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline; or equivalent demonstrable experience.