Business Unit Director (JHB)
Johannesburg – Gauteng
YOUR entrepreneurial drive to build and evolve offerings in a fast-changing, competitive landscape is sought by a reputable Advertising Agency seeking to fill the role of a Business Unit Director for its Joburg division. You will work on some of the best brands in South Africa within diverse categories and set the vision for all partnerships on a portfolio of exciting clients while ensuring seamless delivery across a highly talented Media team. The successful candidate must have 10 years’ Advertising experience including TTL (ATL & Digital) with an understanding of key departments, processes and structures within a Media Agency. You must enjoy networking and being an active player in the Media industry – grounded in media planning basics and experienced in particularly TV and radio planning and confident to write and present brilliant media strategies.
- Business Lead – This role includes all aspects of business management, including revenue, overall business growth, networking, team development, development and maintenance of relationships with key accounts and senior-level clients, and managing expectations with the agency senior management team.
- Strategy – the candidate needs to have the ability to develop and package smart, well-constructed strategies.
- Stakeholder & Integration Management – the role includes working closely with other functions (inside the Group and outside partner agencies) to develop and refine strategies to achieve client goals and execute strategies. As such, your orientation is to drive collaboration and integration in an effort for your teams to work better together.
- Digital – We are looking for someone that is fully versed in the digital landscape and will lead conversations around digital partnerships and strategies
- All-rounder – You pay attention to the detail and care about the little things, with strong organization, admin and time management skills.
What you will be measured on:
- Entrepreneurial and independent approach and motivated for the opportunity to help grow a dynamic business.
- Ability to build strong client relationships with commercial acumen.
- Ability to capture insights from multiple data sources.
- Great understanding of touchpoint and media principles; including a strong view on digital.
- Confident to write and present brilliant media strategies.
- Grounded in media planning basics and experienced in particularly TV and radio planning.
- Excellent Project Manager and able to prioritise and work calmly under pressure.
- Attention to detail and organised to work in an efficient way.
- Genuine interest in people and how they consume media and content.
- Excellent knowledge of standard media tools and the ability to draw insights from data.
- Must have at least 10 years’ Advertising background with TTL (ATL, & Digital) experience and an understanding of the key departments, processes and structures within a Media Agency.
- Media industry expert: You must enjoy networking and being an active player in the media industry.
- Good understanding of the SA research landscape and the various studies to profile media consumption.
- Proven track record of successful client relationships.
- Analytical: You love data signals and actively seek out to access the latest data and understand the SA research landscape. You are able to interrogate client and competitor data and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Proactive Problem Solver – Your ability to solve in the positive, makes all the difference, because you not only find and implement solutions, but you do so by consulting with relevant stakeholders to ensure no opportunity is missed. You never panic, and instead provides calmness to the storm.
- Integrated: You are able to "connect the dots" and willing to work as an integrated part of our media team.
- Can-do attitude: We are a small business, so this person will need to have a can-do attitude and willing to work and learn in a fast-paced, exciting environment without feeling overwhelmed.
- Mentor: We are looking for someone with leadership qualities to develop a team and help them realise their potential.