Business Process Optimization (BPO) Specialist
Cape Town – Western Cape
Be the champion for Business Process Optimisation (BPO) and Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) across the company’s enterprise! You’ll be responsible for optimizing and improving end-to-end business processes and solutions with a focus on one-touch, lean, automated business processes and ensuring intelligence and data are leveraged to continuously improve the company’s ability to deliver one-touch, high quality outcomes across the business. Please note that this position is based in Cape town where you will be stationed for one year and then you will immigrate to the USA.
- Utilise your vast skillset and toolbox of techniques in a complex supply chain to eliminate bottlenecks and optimise the end-to-end value chain.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement throughout the organisation.
- Embrace technology and automation opportunities.
- Utilise different tools, techniques and methodologies depending on the business scenario and the complexity thereof.
- Facilitate workshops/Kaizen sessions, or other frameworks and methods to identify weaknesses or optimisation opportunities in process, people, or technology.
- Develop sustainable solutions to address inefficiencies.
- Train and develop others in BPO and CPI.
- Conduct health-checks on the implementation and efficacy of processes.
- Ensure a single source of truth for processes including version control, change management and deployment.
- Highly efficient, optimised business processes.
- Highly optimised, cost-effective supply chain.
- Increase transparency and eliminate bottlenecks in workflows.
- Have extensive experience assessing and solving complex business problems & processes utilizing a cross functional team with competing priorities to execute measurable, sustainable solutions.
- Have the ability to identify and articulate strategic business initiatives from assessment through execution.
- Have proven success in Root Cause Analysis, Process Mapping, and Process Optimization.
- Have a strong understanding of how business and technology intersect to create repeatable end-to-end programs and processes which help drive and support enterprise growth.
Your Background Includes:
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum), Master’s degree (preferred), technical discipline or Supply Chain experience.
- Lean Six Sigma and/or PMP certifications highly desirable.
- Experience in business process design and improvement initiatives including exposure and knowledge of process assessment (current state) and analysis to identify improvement opportunities and defining future state leveraging a variety of process methodology and modelling techniques and BPM tools (e.g., LEAN, Six Sigma, BPMS, TPS, etc.).
- Previous experience within the truck manufacturing industry highly desired.
- 15 years minimum professional experience.
- 5-10 years of experience solving complex, enterprise-wide problems.
- BPM Certification from the BPM Institute is a plus.
- Proven ability to manage multiple complex projects and resources running in parallel.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills; experience presenting to executive/senior level management.